Game of the Week: Rytas Vilnius (2-2) vs. EWE Baskets Oldenburg (1-3)
VILNIUS (Lithuania) - In the final game of the week of the Basketball Champions League season, Rytas Vilnius will square off against EWE Baskets Oldenburg in an important Group H showdown.
Where: Vilnius, Lithuania (Avia Solutions Group Arena)
In their previous meeting this season on October 6, Oldenburg defeated Rytas 76-72.
View this post on Instagram
Rytas (2-2), second place in Group H
- Rytas have won their last three games in the BCL; they have scored more than 80 points in each of their five games at home (W3 L2).
- Ivan Buva has already scored 20+ points in two of his four games with Rytas in the BCL this season, as many times as he has done in his previous 25 league appearances; he scored 21 points against Oldenburg in the last game.
- Rytas are averaging 17.8 made free-throws per game in the BCL this season, tied for most in the league with Oldenburg.
Points per game: Buva (19.8), Margiris Normantas (13.8), Gytis Radzevicius (11.3)
Rebounds per game: Radzevicius (8.3), Buva (6.3), Butkevicius (4.8)
Assists per game: Speedy Smith (5.5), Vaidas Kariniauskas (3.0), Mindaugas Girdziunas (2.0)
Oldenburg (1-3), fourth place in Group H
- Oldenburg have won just one of their four games in the BCL this season and it was against Rytas in the last game (76-72); however, they have lost their last three games, their longest losing streak in the competition.
- Tai Odiase has scored 12+ points in each of his four BCL appearances with Oldenburg, being the only player to have scored in double-digits in every game with the German side this season; Odiase scored 12 points against Rytas in the last game, the lowest scoring mark for him in a single game.
- Oldenburg are averaging 17.8 made free-throws per game in the BCL this season, tied for most in the league with Rytas; however, Oldenburg are averaging only five made 3-pointers per game in the BCL this season, fewer than any other team.
Points per game: Max Heidegger (17.3), Odiase (15.0), Cameron Clark (11.7)
Rebounds per game: Clark (8.3), Martin Breunig (4.3), Michal Michalak (4.0)
Assists per game: Bennet Hundt (4.8), Phil Pressey (3.5), Heidegger (2.7)
Team Comparison by the Numbers: