Week 5 Tuesday Round of 16 game preview: Rytas Vilnius host undefeated Lenovo Tenerife
VILNIUS (Lithuania) - Only one Round of 16 game awaits on Tuesday March 15 between Rytas Vilnius (2-2) and undefeated Lenovo Tenerife (4-0), as both teams are coming off wins in their last game.
Where: Vilnius, Lithuania (Avia Solutions Group Arena)
When: 19:30 CET
Points per game: Ivan Buva 15.8
Rebounds per game: Ivan Buva 6.7
Assists per game: Speedy Smith 5.4
Steals per game: Arnas Butkevicius 1.7
Blocks per game: Arnas Butkevicius 0.7
- Rytas have won their most recent BCL game (73-71 at SIG Strasbourg) but have been alternating between wins and losses in their last five league encounters; Rytas lost their last game against Tenerife by a margin of 14 points (89-75), their biggest defeat in the league this season.
- Speedy Smith has scored 10+ points in each of his last two BCL games but has never done that in more consecutive games in the competition; he has scored 14+ points in each of his three BCL games played against Spanish teams.
Points per game: Giorgi Shermadini 13.5
Rebounds per game: Giorgi Shermadini 6.7
Assists per game: Marcelinho Huertas 6.9
Steals per game: Aaron Doornekamp 1.3
Blocks per game: Giorgi Shermadini 1.0
- Tenerife have won 75 games in the BCL, while no other team have won 60+ games; they have won their last five games in the league but haven't won more in a row since October – December 2019 when they won seven in a row.
- Tenerife are averaging 69.1 possessions per game in the BCL this season, fewer than any other team; however, they have scored 1.16 points per possession, only Galatasaray (1.17) have a better average.
- Kyle Wiltjer has scored 20+ points in each of his last two BCL games after reaching that tally only once in his previous 11 games this season; he has scored 25+ points in each of his last two games against Lithuanian teams in the competition, including 25 in the last game against Rytas, his best tally in a game this season.