Week 5 Monday Round of 16 games preview
MIES (Switzerland) - Monday March 14 will not only feature the Round of 16 game of the week between MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg and Galatasaray Nef, but also another game between SIG Strasbourg and Falco Szombathely.
Here's a look at the two games on Monday:
Game 1: MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (2-1) vs. Galatasaray Nef (1-2) - Group I
Where: Ludwigsburg, Germany
When: 20:00 CET
Points per game: Justin Simon 15.6
Rebounds per game: Justin Simon 7.4
Assists per game: Jonah Radebaugh 3.6
Steals per game: Justin Simon 1.9
Blocks per game: Justin Simon 1.3
- Ludwigsburg have won their most recent BCL game (84-72 vs. JDA Dijon) but have been alternating between wins and losses in their last seven games in the competition; eight of Ludwigsburg's nine BCL games this season have ended with a differential of more than 10 points.
- Tremmell Darden has scored 15 points in his most recent game with MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg in the BCL, despite playing only 12 minutes and 29 seconds; however, he is yet to score 15+ points in consecutive games in the competition.
Points per game: DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell 18.6
Rebounds per game: DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell 5.7
Assists per game: Dee Bost 5.4
Steals per game: DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell 2.1
Blocks per game: Sadik Kabaca, Ege Arar 0.6
- Galatasaray have lost their most recent away game in the BCL (89-98 at Hapoel U-NET Holon) but have been alternating between wins and losses in their four games on the road this season; Galatasaray have conceded more than 80 points in each of their seven away games in BCL.
- Galatasaray have scored 23.7 points per game in the first quarter, the most of any team in the first 10 minutes of the game in the BCL in 2021-22; however, Ludwigsburg have conceded only 15 points per game in that quarter, the fewest amongst all teams.
- Dee Bost has combined for 14+ points and 5+ assists in five of his last six appearances with Galatasaray in the BCL, with the Turkish side losing the only game in that span in which he didn’t (8 pts, 4 ast vs. JDA Dijon); Bost is one of only three players averaging 15+ points and 5+ assists per game in the BCL this season.
Game 2: SIG Strasbourg (2-2) vs. Falco Szombathely (0-4) - Group L
Where: Strasbourg, France
When: 20:00 CET
Points per game: John Roberson 17.4
Rebounds per game: Ike Udanoh 5.8
Assists per game: John Roberson 4.4
Steals per game: Kameron Taylor 1.3
Blocks per game: Ike Udanoh 0.5
🟥🟥🟥🟥 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋— SIG Strasbourg (@sigstrasbourg) March 8, 2022
Quelle fin de match au Rhenus !
Nos SIGmen s'inclinent face à @RytasVilnius mais conservent le panier average 👊
✅ @sigstrasbourg : 71
✅ @RytasVilnius : 73#gosig #SIGRYT #BasketballCL pic.twitter.com/EGVOJdo9TA
- Strasbourg have lost four of their last five home games in the BCL, after winning five of their previous six games at home in the competition; four of their last six games in Strasbourg have ended with a differential of two or fewer points.
- Strasbourg have made 29.9 field goals per game, the most of any team in the BCL in 2021-22; they have scored 1.15 points per possession, while only two teams have outperformed them in the league this season (Galatasaray 1.17 & Lenovo Tenerife 1.16).
- Jordan Howard scored 21 points in his first appearance in the BCL, against Rytas Vilnius, but no player has scored more than 20 points in each of his first two games with Strasbourg in the competition; overall, the last Strasbourg player to have scored more than 20 points in consecutive BCL games was Bonzie Colson in January 2021.
Points per game: Zoltan Perl 15.2
Rebounds per game: Akos Keller 6.8
Assists per game: Benedek Varadi 6.4
Steals per game: Szilard Benke 1.6
Blocks per game: Gyorgy Goloman 1.5
- Szombathely have lost their last four games, their longest losing streak in the BCL history; they have lost their last two games by a margin larger than 20 points, after only one of their previous 14 defeats in the competition being by 20+ points.
- Szombathely have scored 39.2 points per game in the paint, the highest average among all teams in the BCL this season; 61% of their total points have been scored from two-point shots, the highest such ratio in the league in 2021-22.