All Play-Offs permutations ahead of Week 9 action
MIES (Switzerland) - Only one of the 16 tickets to the 2020-21 Basketball Champions League Play-Offs has already found its rightful owner but that is bound to change in Week 9, as more teams have the chance to follow the path that Brose Bamberg blazed and secure a berth in the next stage with games to spare in the Regular Season.
At least one team - the winner of the Group A clash between Iberostar Tenerife and Dinamo Sassari - will punch their ticket to the Play-Offs this week, but we might see more teams securing a spot from Group B, Group C or Group D.
We break down the options of each team in those groups ahead of this week's action:
- Tenerife (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Sassari
- Sassari (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Tenerife
- Sassari and Tenerife will both advance to the Play-Offs if Sassari beats Tenerife AND Galatasaray beat Bakken
- Galatasaray (1-3) will stay in contention for a spot in the Play-Offs only if they win AND Tenerife beats Sassari.
- Bakken (1-3) will stay in contention for a spot in the Play-Offs only if they win
- Dijon (3-0) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Nymburk
- Nymburk (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Dijon AND Keravnos beat Tofas
- Tofas (1-2) will stay in the race for a Play-Offs berth regardless of whether they win or lose against Keravnos, but a loss will mean that they no longer depend on themselves in the final two games.
- Keravnos (0-4) are out of contention for a spot in the Play-Offs.
- AEK (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Holon
- Tsmoki-Minsk (2-2) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Cholet AND AEK beat Holon.
- Holon (2-2) will stay in the race if they win, or if they lose AND Cholet beat Minsk.
- Cholet (1-3) will stay in the race only if they beat Minsk.
- Zaragoza (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Nizhny
- Nizhny (3-1) will advance to the Play-Offs if they beat Zaragoza AND Lublin beat Falco
- Falco (2-2) will stay in the Play-Offs race if they beat Lublin, or if they lose and Zaragoza beat Nizhny
- Lublin (0-4) have been eliminated from play-off contention.
Week 9 fixtures: Pinar Karsiyaka vs. Fortitudo Bologna (Tuesday)
- Pinar Karsiyaka (1-2) will remain in contention for a spot in the Play-Offs even if they lose on Tuesday.
- Fortitudo (0-1) will drop out of the race unless they win on Tuesday.
The above analysis has been prepared solely for the purpose of improving the experience of BCL fans watching the last Gamedays of the Regular Season. It is not to be understood as advice or as binding information on BCL for competition purposes.