Can Promitheas break Bologna's perfect record? 40 facts to know ahead of Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games.
Anwil (POL) v Le Mans (FRA)
- Anwil have lost four of their last five BCL games, including the last two. They have also lost their two home games in the competition.
- Le Mans have won only two of their last 10 BCL games, after having lost only three of their first 12.
- Only two teams have made more assists than Anwil this season (131) but Anwil have also allowed their opponents to make the most assists (141).
- Anwil's Michal Michalak has scored on average 16.3 points and grabbed 7.7 rebounds in his three games as a starter this season.
- Only one player has played more minutes without grabbing a single offensive rebound than Le Mans's Michael Thompson (197 minutes) in BCL this season.
Sidigas Avellino (ITA) v Ventpils (LAT)
- Sidigas Avellino have won five of their six games this season in BCL. Their last four games have seen a margin of less than five points.
- Ventspils have lost three of their last four away games after having won three of their previous four. They have conceded 90+ points in their two away games this season after never conceding 90+ points in any of their away games in their first two seasons.
- Sidigas Avellino have scored the most FGs (196) in BCL this season while Ventspils have conceded the most FGs (204).
- Ventspils' Aaron Johnson (7.5) and Avellino's Norris Cole (7.2) are two of the three players to have made the most assists per game this season in the BCL.
- Ventspils' Rihards Lomazs has scored 55.6% of his FGs attempted, best % among the guards this season.
Nizhny Novgorod (RUS) v MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (GER)
- Nizhny Novgorod have won their last two games in BCL, more than in their first four games (W1 L3).
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have won only one of their last eight games but it was the last one, against UCAM Murcia (81-80). They have not won two games in a row since January-March 2018 (6 wins a row).
- Nizhny Novgorod (25.5) and MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (23.8) are two of the three teams to have made more fouls per game this season in BCL. They are also two of the six teams to have made less than 10 blocks so far this season (6 for Nizhny Novgorod and 9 for MHP).
- Nizhny Novgorod's Georgy Zhbanov (4min 45s) is one of the two players this season to average less than 5 minutes per game while having played all the six first games.
- MHP's Kelan Martin has scored on average 15.3 points per game, second-best average among the players to have started all their games on the bench (min 2 games).
Iberostar Tenerife (ESP) v PAOK (GRE)
- Iberostar Tenerife are one of the four teams in BCL history to start a campaign with six wins and no loss. They have now won the most games among all teams in BCL history (34).
- PAOK have won their last three games in BCL but have never win four games in a row in the competition.
- This game will oppose the most accurate team from close range (Iberostar Tenerife - 63.9% 2P%) to the most accurate team from behind the arc (PAOK - 45.3% 3P%).
- Iberostar's Sebastian Saiz is the only player with 5+ rebounds per game (5.2) among the ones with less than 15 minutes played on average per game (14m 36s). He is also the only player with multiple double-doubles (2) coming from the bench this season.
- PAOK's Ioannis Athinaiou has scored on average 16.5 points per game in his last two games after having scored only 6.5 points per game in his first four games.
- Iberostar Tenerife will see the return from injury of their captain, Nicolas Richotti, 315 days after his last game in the competition (GD10 vs Gaziantep, on 10 January 2018).
Nanterre 92 (FRA) v UNET Holon (ISR)
- Nanterre 92 have won three of their last four BCL games, including the last two. They have not won three BCL games in a row since November 2017.
- UNET Holon have won four of their six BCL games this season. They have already won more games this season (4) than during their entire last campaign (3).
- Nanterre 92 (41.7%) and UNET Holon (41.1%) are two of the five teams to have scored more than 40% of their 3-pointers attempted this season.
- Nanterre's Hugo Invernizzi has made the most 3-pointers (10) among the players with no 2-pointers scored this season in the BCL.
- UNET Holon's DeQuan Jones (34.7) and Corey Walden (33.6) are two of the three players to have played the most minutes per game on average this season in BCL.
Lietkabelis (LTU) v Montakit Fuenlabrada (ESP)
- Lietkabelis have won their last two home games in BCL after losing in their home debut in the competition against Telenet Giants Antwerp in GD1 (87-91). Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost their last three consecutive BCL games after winning the previous three in the competition.
- Lietkabelis have scored an average of 10.3 points per game after they have forced their opponents to turn the ball over – only Filou Oostende have scored fewer points per game from turnover situations in BCL this season.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada bench players have scored an average of 39 points per game, a joint-high among all teams in BCL this season alongside PAOK.
- Lietkabelis' Saulius Kulvietis has scored 10+ points in five of his six appearances in BCL this season: he is Lietkabelis' top scorer in the league with an average of 13.2 points per game this season.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost all three BCL games in which Francisco Cruz has scored fewer than 14 points and have won all three BCL games in which he has made 14+ points this season.
Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR) v Petrol Olimpija (SLO)
- Besiktas have not won any of their last three home games in BCL (D1 L2) after winning 13 of their first 15 home games in the competition. Petrol Olimpija have won only one of their last 10 games in BCL.
- Besiktas have grabbed the fewest offensive rebounds (6.5 per game) among all teams in BCL this season and have also scored the fewest 2nd chance points (5.2 per contest) in the league in 2018/19.
- Only Telekom Baskets Bonn (17.7) have conceded more points per game after turnover than Petrol Olimpija (17.3) in BCL this season.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan's Ivan Buva has scored 16+ points in five of his six BCL appearances this season, the most by any player in the league in 2018/19.
- Petrol Olimpija's Miha Lapornik has averaged 19 points per game in his last three BCL appearances after scoring an average of eight points per game in his first three games of the season.
Promitheas (GRE) v Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA)
- Promitheas Patras have won five of their six games in BCL this season, including both games played on their home court. Segafredo Virtus Bologna are still undefeated in BCL, as they are the first Italian team in league history starting a season with six wins and no losses.
- Promitheas Patras have forced their opponents to make 18.8 turnovers per game, the most among all teams in BCL this season: Promitheas have also scored 18.5 points after turnover, the most in the league in 2018/19.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna are the second team to win their first six games in BCL after Besiktas in 2016-17. No team has managed to win their first seven games in the competition.
- Promitheas Patras' Rion Brown has made an average of 21.3 points per game in his last three BCL appearances, while scoring 53% of his 17 attempts from behind the arc in that span.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna's Kevin Punter has made 60% of his 15 attempts from 3PT in his last two BCL appearances: he has scored 2+ shots from behind the arc in each of his six appearances in the season.