Never twice without thrice for Bamberg? 40 facts to know ahead of Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games.
Ventspils (LAT) v Nizhny Novgorod (RUS)
- Ventspils have won their last two home games in BCL but have lost the previous six consecutive home games the competition.
- Ventspils have conceded 90.6 points per game and have allowed their opponents to score 43.4% of their attempted 3PT shots in BCL this season, the worst defensive records among all teams in the league.
- Only Banvit (26.3%) and Le Mans (28.8%) have allowed their opponents to score at a lower percentage from behind the arc than Nizhny Novgorod (28.9%) in BCL this season.
- Ventspils' Rihard Lomazs has scored 2+ shots from behind the arc in each of his five appearances in BCL this season, scoring 58.3% of his attempted 3-pointers.
- Nizhny Novgorod's Ivan Strebkov has averaged 11.7 points and 7.7 assists in his last three appearances in BCL this season.
Le Mans (FRA) v Sidigas Avellino (ITA)
- Sidigas Avellino will play in France for the third time in BCL history and will try their first win in French territory in the competition: they have lost against SIG Strasbourg in 2016- 17 (63-57) and against Nanterre 92 in 2017-18 (89-81).
- Le Mans have scored the fewest points per game in BCL this season (71.0).
- Sidigas Avellino have scored the most points per game in BCL this season (93.8): they are the only team to have scored 100+ points in more than one game this season.
- Le Mans' Cameron Clark has been the only player in the French squad averaging 10+ points per game in BCL this season: he has scored 11.2 points per game in the league.
- Sidigas Avellino's Demitris Nichols is the only player to have had an efficiency rating of 15+ in each of the first five gamedays this season.
Opava (CZE) v Iberostar Tenerife (ESP)
- Opava have lost their last four consecutive BCL games by a margin of 19.3 points per game, after winning in their debut game in the competition (74-67 vs Nanterre).
- Opava have allowed their opponents to score 40.4 points per game in the paint, the worst among all teams in BCL this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife are the only team this season yet to concede 70+ points in a game.
- Opava's Radim Klecka has scored an average of 13.8 points per game while making 61.4% of his attempted field goals, the best among all guards in BCL this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife's Ferran Bassas is the only player to have made 5+ assists in four different games while starting on the bench.
PAOK (GRE) v Fribourg Olympic (SUI)
- PAOK have won their last two consecutive BCL games after losing the previous four consecutive encounters in the league. Fribourg Olympic have lost their last three consecutive games in BCL.
- PAOK have scored 44.3% of their attempted 3PT shots, the best scoring ratio among all teams in BCL this season.
- Fribourg Olympic have allowed their opponents to score 12 shots per game from behind the arc, the worst among all teams in BCL this season.
- PAOK's Phil Goss has scored 15.8 points per game while making 90.9% of his attempted free-throws – he has also scored 2+ shots from behind the arc in each of his four appearances in BCL this season.
- Fribourg Olympic's Babacar Toure has combined for 20+ points and 10+ rebounds in two different BCL games this season, only player to do so in more than one game in 2018-19.
Brose Bamberg (GER) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR)
- Brose Bamberg have won their last two games in BCL, their best run in the competition, after having lost two of their first three. They are one of the two teams this season yet to see a double-digit margin in their games.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won four of their first five BCL games. They have won their last two games with an average margin of +27.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have grabbed on average 46.6 rebounds per game this season, more than any other team.
- Brose Bamberg's Augustine Rubit has scored 71.4% of his 2-pointers attempted, best % in this BCL season. He is the only Bamberg player to have started all the first five games.
- Hapoel Jerusalem's Josh Owens has grabbed more rebounds per game (8.8) than any other player who have played less than 25 minutes per game on average this season.
Montakit Fuenlabrada (ESP) v CEZ Nymburk (CZE)
- Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost their last two BCL games after having won their first three.
- CEZ Nymburk have lost five of their last six BCL games. They have already lost as many games in the Regular Season 2018/19 (4 games) than in the Regular Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18 (4 losses each).
- CEZ Nymburk have attempted more FGs per game than any other team this season (73.8) but have the lowest FG% of the competition (38.5%).
- Tomas Bellas has made 22 assists, more than any other of his teammate this season. Montakit Fuenlabrada have won their three games with him in the starting 5 but have lost their two games when he started on the bench.
- CEZ Nymburk's Eugene Lawrence has made 12 steals this season, more than any other player.
Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA) v SIG Strasbourg (FRA)
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna are the third team to win their first five games in BCL. In case of a win against Strasbourg, they will become the second team after Besiktas Sompo Japan in 2016/17 to win their first six games in the competition.
- SIG Strasbourg have only lost one of their last nine games in the BCL Regular Season. They have lost their two away games played against an Italian team in the competition.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna are the only team to have made less than 10 turnovers on average per game this season (9.6).
- Kevin Punter is the best point-scorer for Segafredo Virtus Bologna this season (16.8 per game). He has lost none of the last 10 games he played in BCL (W9 D1, with AEK and Bologna).
- Only one player has a better FG% than Strasbourg's Ali Traoré this season in BCL (65.2%). He has already scored more points in BCL with Strasbourg this season (63) than in nine games with AS Monaco last season (48).
Filou Oostende (BEL) v Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR)
- Filou Oostende and Besiktas Sompo Japan have met twice before in BCL history, with the Turkish side winning both games by 10+ points.
- Filou Oostende have won only three of their last 11 BCL games. They have lost their last two games but have not lost three in a row since October-November 2017.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have already lost four games this season, as many as during their entire Regular Season campaign in 2017/18. Their four losses in a row are their longest losing streak in the competition.
- Filou Oostende have made on average less assists (14) and more turnovers (17.2) per game than any other team this season. They are one of the two teams to have made more turnovers than assists this season.
- Besiktas' Robin Benzing is the only center to have reached double-digit in 3-pointers made this season in BCL (10). He is the second top-scorer of his team (57 points, behind Ivan Buva, 80) despite having started all the first five games on the bench.