Last Regular Season gameday! What to know about Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The end of the Basketball Champions League Regular Season is close, since this is week 14 ! Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games, last week of the Regular season.
Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU) v medi Bayreuth (GER)
- Neptunas Klaipeda have won their last three BCL games but have not won four in a row since their run of five wins in their first five games in the competition, back in October- November 2016.
- medi Bayreuth have registered their biggest win in BCL against Neptunas Klaipeda on Gameday 7 this season (102-78), the only time they manage to score 100+ points in a BCL game. They have lost their last two away games but are yet to lose three in a row in the competition.
- medi Bayreuth have scored 79% of their free-throws attempted this season, second best % in the BCL 2018/19.
- Neptunas Klaipeda’s Tomas Delininkaitis has scored 176 points this season, more than any player to have started all their games on the bench. However, he has scored on average 6.8 points in his last five games after having scored on average 17.8 points in his first eight games.
- medi Bayreuth’s Kassius Robertson has scored on average 17.2 points in his last five BCL games while scoring 7.4 points on average in his first seven games of the season.
Filou Ootende (BEL) v SIG Strasbourg (FRA)
- Filou Oostende have won six of their last seven games in BCL but have lost their last one (v Besiktas 71-80). They have won their last two home games, as many wins as in their previous seven games on their own court.
- SIG Strasbourg have only won one of their last four BCL games, but it was the last one, against Segafredo Virtus Bologna (83-80). They have won five of their last eight away games in the Regular season.
- Filou Oostende (405) and SIG Strasbourg (408) are two of the three teams to have allowed their opponents to grab the least rebounds in BCL this season.
- Nemanja Djurisic is the best point-scorer for Filou Oostende this season (156 pts) despite having played all his games starting on the bench.
- SIG Strasbourg’s Quentin Serron is the player with the most minutes played this season without never reaching double-digit in scoring in any of his BCL games (305 minutes).
Petrol Olimpija (SLO) v Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR)
- Petrol Olimpija have lost 16 of their last 17 BCL games. In case of a defeat against Besiktas, they would become the first team to lose all their seven home games of a BCL Regular Season.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have won seven of their last eight BCL games. They have won their last three games away from home but have never won four in a row.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have grabbed less rebounds (383) than any other team in BCL this season.
- Petrol Olimpija’s Roko Badzim is one of the three players (the other two are part of Opava’s squad) to have played the most games this season (9) without winning a single one.
- Besiktas’ Jason Rich has scored 83 points since the beginning of 2019, more than any other guard in BCL.
Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA) v Promitheas Patras (GRE)
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have lost their last two games in BCL but have never lost three in a row. They have lost their last home game (v Besiktas 70-71) after having won their first five home games.
- Promitheas Patras have lost five of their last nine BCL games after having won their first four. They are the only team this season to have scored as many points as they have conceded (1052 pts for/1052 pts against).
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have made fewer turnovers (110) and the joint-most blocks (47) in BCL this season.
- Only one player has scored more points than Bologna’s Kevin Punter (221) in BCL this season.
- Promitheas Patras’ Langston Hall has only scored a tally of four points in his four away games this season, failing to score a single point in his last two.
AEK (GRE) v Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL)
- AEK have only lost one of their last 12 games in BCL. They have won their last five home games, their joint-best run in the Regular Season.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have lost four of their last five away games in BCL, including their last two.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have only scored 67.7% of their free-throws attempted this season, lowest % among the teams.
- Vince Hunter has scored 243 points, more than any other player in this Regular Season. He has made a tally of 10 assists in his last two games, as many as in his first 11 gamedays this season.
- Ismael Bako (57) is the best point scorer for Telenet Giants Antwerp in BCL since the beginning of 2019. His two double-doubles this season have come away from home.
Brose Bamberg (GER) v CEZ Nymburk (CZE)
- Brose Bamberg have lost two of their last three BCL games, as many defeats as in their previous nine games. However, they have won four of their last five home games.
- CEZ Nymburk have won their last BCL game (v Montakit Fuenlabrada 104-87) but are yet to win consecutive games this season. They have lost five of their first six away games this season.
- Brose Bamberg have scored 83% of their free-throws attempted, best % among the teams this season in BCL. They could become the first team to finish a BCL Regular Sseason with a FT% of more than 80%.
- Brose Bamberg’s Augustine Rubit has scored 64 free-throws this season, more than any other player in BCL.
- Eugene Lawrence and Petr Benda are the only Nymburk’s players to have played all their BCL games this season in the Starting 5 (12 times each).
JDA Dijon (FRA) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR)
- JDA Dijon have alternated between wins and defeats in their last seven BCL games, losing their last one. They have only won one of their last four home games, but it was the last one against Lietkabelis (99-91).
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won their last five games in BCL, their best run. They have only lost one of their first six away games in the competition, winning the last four.
- Hapoel Jeruslaem have scored more points than any other team this season (1180) while only three teams have scored less points than JDA Dijon (975).
- JDA Dijon’ Abdoulaye Loum scored 18 points on Gameday 7 against Hapoel Jerusalem, his best tally in a BCL game. He has lost all his four games when playing in the starting 5.
- Hapoel Jerusalem’s Tamir Blatt is the only player this season in BCL to have made 5+ assists in each of his games. Only Aaron Johnson (94) has made more assists than him (88) in the competition this season.
Montakit Fuenlabrada (ESP) v Lietkabelis (LTU)
- Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost their last 10 BCL games after having won their first three. They are one of the two teams (with Opava) to have conceded 100+ points in three different games this season.
- Lietkabelis have lost five of their last six BCL games. In case of a defeat against Montakit Fuenlabrada, they would become the second team this season (after Opava) to have lost all their seven away games in this group stage (currently six losses away from home).
- Lietkabelis have only made 59 steals this season in BCL, less than any other team.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada’s Luka Rupnik has scored 10+ points in in his last three BCL games, as many times as in his previous 10 games in the competition.
- Lietkabelis’ Mindaugas Kupsas has scored 41.5% of his 106 points from the free-throw line this season (44/106), highest % among the player with 100+ points scored.