Can Antwerp upset Jerusalem once more? 40 facts to know ahead of Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The end of the Basketball Champions League Regular Season is close, since this is week 10 already! Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games.
Banvit (TUR) v Ventspils (LAT)
- Banvit have lost the only game they have played against Ventspils in BCL history (86-80), in Gameday 3 of the 2018/19 season.
- Banvit have scored 43.8 points in the paint per game, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- Ventspils have won only one of the 11 away BCL games in which they have conceded 80+ points: vs Varese in Gameday 11 of 2016/17.
- Banvit's Gary Neal has scored 13 points while making 50% of his attempts from the field in his BCL debut against Le Mans in Gameday 9.
- Ventspils Aaron Johnson has made an average of 15.2 points and 8.8 assists per game in his last five appearances in BCL this season.
MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (GER) v Le Mans (FRA)
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have lost their last two BCL matchups against French teams, including vs Le Mans in Gameday 3 of the current season (64-54).
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have lost three home games in the 2018/19 BCL Regular Season, as many as in 2016/17 and 2017/18 Regular Seasons combined.
- Le Mans have scored 75+ points in only two of their nine games in BCL this season: MSB have scored 72.1 points per game, the fewest among all teams in the league in 2018/19.
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg's Jordon Crawford has scored 19+ points in three of his last four BCL appearances, including a 27-point performance against Sidigas Avellino in Gameday 9.
- Le Mans' Richard Hendrix has made an average of 17.5 points and six rebounds in his last two BCL appearances this season.
UCAM Murcia (ESP) v Nizhny Novgorod (RUS)
- UCAM Murcia have won all the three games they have played against Russian teams in BCL history, including the one against Nizhny Novgorod in Gameday 3 of the 2018/19 season (51-72).
- UCAM Murcia have allowed their opponents to get only 70 offensive rebounds, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- Nizhny Novgorod have allowed their opponents to score only 28.2% of their attempted 3-pointers, the best defensive ratio among all teams in BCL this season.
- UCAM Murcia's Kevin Tumba has combined for a double-double in the previous matchup against Nizhny Novgorod in Gameday 3 (11 points and 10 rebounds) but have failed to reach double-digits in points and rebounds in any of his other three BCL appearances this season.
- Ivan Strebkov has averaged 15.2 points and six assists per game in his last five BCL appearances with Nizhny Novgorod this season.
Nanterre 92 (FRA) v Telekom Baskets Bonn (GER)
- Nanterre 92 have won all the three games they have played against Telekom Baskets Bonn in BCL history, including their last matchup in Gameday 3 of the current season (57-81).
- Nanterre 92 have scored 104 shots from behind the arc, a joint-high in BCL this season alongside Iberostar Tenerife; Nanterre 92 have scored 42.7% of their total amount of points from 3PT shots, the most among all teams in the league in 2018/19.
- Only Anwil (16.2) and Banvit (16.2) have scored more points per game after turnovers than Telekom Baskets Bonn in BCL this season (15.7).
- Nanterre's Haukur Palsson has scored 12+ points in his last seven consecutive appearances in the BCL while scoring 73% of his 33 attempts from behind the arc in that span.
- Charles Jackson has scored an average of 17.3 points in his last four BCL appearances with Telekom Baskets Bonn while making 73% of his 41 attempts from the field in that span.
Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR) v Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL)
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won seven of their first nine BCL games but one of their two losses came against Telenet Giants Antwerp on Gameday 3 (101-89). They have also lost their last home game, 70-83, against the reigning champion AEK.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have won their last two games in BCL, their best run. They are one of the three teams to have scored 100+ points in multiple games this season (2 times).
- Hapoel Jerusalem have scored 783 points in BCL this season, more than any other team.
- No player has scored more points than Jerusalem's James Feldeine this season in BCL (158).
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Jae'Sean Tate has made 22 turnovers this season, more than any other forward. He scored 24 points against Hapoel Jerusalem on Gameday 3, his best tally in a BCL game this season.
Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU) v Filou Oostende (BEL)
- Neptunas Klaipeda have only lost four of their 20 home games. However they have conceded more than 80 points in their last three home games, as many times as in their first 17.
- Filou Oostende have won their last three games in BCL but have never won four in a row.
- Filou Oostende have made 146 turnovers this season in BCL, more than any other team.
- Neptunas' Jerai Grant has scored 64% of his FGs attempted, best % among the players to have taken part in all the first nine games. He scored only nine points against Filou Oostende on Gameday 3, the only time he failed to reach double-digit in a BCL game this season.
- Filou Oostende's Nemanja Djurisic (14.2ppg, 5.6rpg) is one of the two players to average 12+ points and 5+ rebounds per game among the players to have started all their games on the bench.
Promitheas Patras (GRE) v medi Bayreuth (GER)
- Promitheas Patras have lost their last two home games after winning their first two. They are the only team to have scored 75+ points in each of their first nine gamedays.
- medi Bayreuth have won their last two away games but have never won three in a row.
- Promitheas Patras have made more steals (87) than any other team in BCL this season.
- Promitheas Patras's Leonidas Kaselakis has played on average 26min 02s per game this season, more than any other player to have started all their games on the bench.
- medi Bayreuth's Kassius Robertson has scored 61.5% of his 3-pointers attempted, best % among the guards with 30+ attempts from behind the arc (24/39).
Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA) v Petrol Olimpija (SLO)
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have lost their last two games after winning their first seven. However they have won all their four home games in the competition.
- Petrol Olimpija have lost 12 of their last 13 BCL games. Their defeat by a 31 points margin against Segafredo Virtus Bologna on Gameday 3 this season (61-92) is their biggest in the competition.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna (136) and Petrol Olimpija (135) are two of the five teams to have made the least assists in BCL this season.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna's Kevin Punter is the only player to have scored 10+ points in all the first nine gamedays of this BCL season.
- Petrol Olimpija's Issuf Sanon grabbed nine rebounds on Gameday 3 against Segrafredo Virtus Bologna, as many as in all his other seven BCL games combined this season.