Week 5 - Tuesday Games Preview
MIES (Switzerland) - The Basketball Champions League continues on Tuesday November 1 with week five action from Groups D, E, G and H. This is the last week of BCL games before the two-week break for national team windows.
Here's a look at the four games on Tuesday:
Game 1: Bakken Bears (0-2) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (1-1) - Group E
Where: Aarhus, Denmark
When: 18:00 CET
View this post on Instagram
- Bakken Bears have won just four of their 22 games in the BCL, but three of those wins happened at home; the Danish side have won their last two games at home in the competition.
- Ryan Evans scored 22 points in his most recent game with Bakken Bears in the BCL, the most for him in a league game - however, he is yet to score more than 10 points in consecutive games in the BCL; Evans scored four three-pointers against Darussafaka, more than in his previous seven BCL games combined (3).
- Jerusalem have lost their first away game in a BCL season in each of their last two campaigns; six of their last eight BCL games on the road ended with margins of six or fewer points and their last two away games went into overtime.
- Jerusalem are making only 17.6 percent of their three-pointers, the lowest percentage from behind the arc among all teams in the BCL 2022-23 and therefore, are scoring the fewest three-pointers per game (4.5); consequently, 62.9 percent of their points came from two-point shots, the highest ratio among all teams.
- Zach Hankins has made a block in each of his 18 games in the BCL, the longest sequence amongst all players in league history; Hankins will play his first away game with Jerusalem but scored 14 or more points in four of his last five road games in the competition.
Game 2: ERA Nymburk (0-2) v Bahcesehir College (1-1) - Group D
Where: Prague, Czech Republic
When: 18:30 CET
View this post on Instagram
- Nymburk are on a five-game losing streak, with their last BCL win dating of October 26, 2021 (v Igokea); they have lost their previous home game this season but have never been defeated in their first two home games in a BCL campaign.
- Nymburk are scoring only 36.5 percent of their field goals this season in the BCL, the lowest accuracy among all teams; they never had a field goal accuracy of fewer than 40 percent in any of their previous six BCL seasons.
- Marek Klassen combined for a double-double in his first game with Nymburk in the BCL (14 points and 10 assists v Igokea m:tel); however, no player has consecutive double-doubles with points and assists with Nymburk in the competition.
- Bahcesehir won their home game and were defeated on their away matchup with Surne Bilbao; Bahcesehir are yet to score more than 70 points in a BCL game and currently average 68 points scored per game in the competition.
- Jerry Boutsiele has scored more than 10 points in seven of his eight games in the BCL, including in his two games with Bahcesehir this season; he has also grabbed 7+ rebounds in each of his eight games in the competition, while two of his three double-doubles in the BCL have come away from home.
Game 3: Rytas Vilnius (0-2) v Peristeri bwin (2-0) - Group H
Where: Vilnius, Lithuania
When: 18:30 CET
How good are Vasilis #Spanoulis' guys? @peristeribc just handed @CB1939Canarias their first #BasketballCL defeat since January + their first defeat of the 2022-23 season in all competitions!🤯 pic.twitter.com/10KgsrZTAu— Basketball Champions League (@BasketballCL) October 18, 2022
- This will be the second time that Rytas plays their first home game in a BCL season against Peristeri: they lost that previous encounter back in October 2020 (106-88); the Lithuanians have lost their last four games in the BCL, as many defeats as in their previous 11 encounters in the competition.
- Marcus Foster has scored more than 20 points in each of his two games with Rytas Vilnius in the BCL this season: he already had a three-game stretch with more than 20 points in the league, back in November – December 2019 while at Hapoel Holon; however, he has scored fewer than 10 points in his two previous games against Greek opposition (6 and 9 points v AEK in 2020-21).
- Peristeri have won their two previous encounters with Rytas Vilnius in the BCL, both in the 2020-21 season; Peristeri scored 100+ points in only one of their 24 games in the BCL and it was at Rytas' home court in October 2020 (106-88).
- Peristeri have won just one of their last six away games in the BCL, but it was precisely against Rytas; this will be their first road game in the league this season, but they have won their first game away from home in each of their two previous BCL campaigns.
- Peristeri's Miro Bilan is currently tied as the eighth top scorer in BCL history (681 points, as many as Kyle Wiltjer) and he is three points away of passing Vítor Benite in the seventh spot (683 points); Bilan is one of the five players to be in the BCL all-time top-10 in points and rebounds (3rd with 335 rebounds).
Game 4: JDA Bourgogne Dijon (1-1) v Dinamo BDS Sassari (0-2) - Group G
Where: Dijon, France
When: 20:00 CET
- Dijon have won 11 of their last 13 games at home in the BCL and 14 of Dijon's last 16 games at home in the competition have ended with double digit margins; they are undefeated against Italian teams in the league, winning their two encounters with Happy Casa Brindisi in 2019-20.
- Dijon's David Holston has 90 steals in the BCL - two more steals and he will be the all-time leader in this category (Jeremy Leloup, 91); Holston has scored fewer than 10 points in his two BCL games this term, but only once has he had a longer streak scoring in single digits (3 in January 2020).
- Sassari have won just two of their last 14 BCL games, while losing their last seven on the road in the competition; they have conceded an average of 92.7 points per game in their last 11 BCL trips.
- Sassari are averaging 20.5 turnovers per game in the BCL this season, more than any other team, consequently, they are also conceding the most points from turnover per game (30.0).
- Chinanu Onuaku is the only player to have scored more than 10 points in both of Sassari's games last season in the BCL; he is averaging 16.5 points and 10.5 rebounds per game in the league this year.