Week 3 Round of 16 rescheduled games preview
MIES (Switzerland) - Two of the three postponed Round of 16 games from last week in the Basketball Champions League Groups J (BAXI Manresa v Bahcesehir College) and L (UCAM Murcia v Darussafaka Lassa) were rescheduled for Wednesday February 15.
Here's a look at those two rescheduled games:
Game 1: UCAM Murcia (1-1) v Darussafaka Lassa (0-2) - Group L
Where: Murcia, Spain
When: 20:30 CET
Murcia started the Round of 16 with a loss to Lenovo Tenerife before defeating Surne Bilbao in their last game.
🎯 𝗨𝗖𝗔𝗠, 𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝘄, 𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱: Murcia led from start to finish, owning a 𝟐𝟗-𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 in the third quarter, picking up their first Round of 16 win! #BasketballCL— Basketball Champions League (@BasketballCL) January 31, 2023
Darussafaka, meanwhile, have lost their two Round of 16 games to Bilbao and Tenerife by a combined 31 points.
- Murcia have won their last 14 home games in the BCL, only two teams had better run in the history of the competition (Monaco, 17 and Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem, 15); they have scored 80+ points in each of their last four home games, as often as in their previous 12 games at home.
- Murcia have made 21.2 free-throws per game, the most in the BCL this season; 25.4 percent of their total points have come from the foul line, the highest such ratio of any team in the league this season.
- Murcia's Ilimane Diop has averaged 9.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in his last three BCL appearances after averaging 6.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in his previous six appearances; Diop has not missed any of his 22 free-throw attempts in his last six BCL games.
- Darussafaka have lost their last two BCL games but are yet to lose three in a row in their 19 games played since the beginning of 2022; eight of Darussafaka's last nine games ended with margins of 10+ points.
- Gabriel Olaseni has scored fewer than 10 points in his last two BCL games but has never endured a longer such streak in his 25 games with Darussafaka in the competition; he scored eight points or fewer in his last four games against Spanish teams in the BCL.
Game 2: BAXI Manresa (1-1) v Bahcesehir College (0-2) - Group J
Where: Manresa, Spain
When: 21:00 CET
View this post on Instagram
Manresa won their first Round of 16 game against Rytas Vilnius, but then lost to Telekom Baskets Bonn. Bahcesehir, meanwhile, have lost their two games to Bonn and Rytas by only a combined 13 points.
- Manresa have lost three of their last four home games in the BCL after winning each of the previous five; each of Manresa's last nine home games in the BCL ended up with margins of 10+ points.
- Among the players with more than three games played this season in the BCL, Manresa's Dani Perez is the only one to have 5+ assists in each of his games (seven games), even though he played fewer than 20 minutes in each of his recent three appearances.
- Bahcesehir have lost their last two games in the BCL but are yet to lose three games in a row in the competition; they have lost four of their six away games but four of their last five games away from home have seen margins of seven or fewer points.
- Bahcesehir have the fewest possessions per game (69.2) but have also allowed the fourth least possessions to their opponents (70.3) of any team in the BCL in 2022-23.
- Bahcesehir's Yigit Arslan has scored 12+ points in each of his last five BCL games where he played 20+ minutes (17 points per game), after scoring 10+ points in only three of his previous 12 such league games; Arslan has made four three-pointers in three of his last four BCL games where he played 20+ minutes.