Everything you need to know ahead of Tuesday's Gameday 5 fixtures
MIES (Switzerland) - All eight Group D teams take to the court on Tuesday and the day culminates with demanding tests on the road for the unbeaten leaders both of that group and of Group B.
There are six exciting contests however leading up to those intriguing late-night tests for JDA Dijon and Hapoel Jerusalem in Zaragoza and Pau, respectively. Let’s have a closer look at some very interesting facts and figures on each of the Tuesday games.
Lietkabelis (0-4) v Polski Cukier Torun (1-3) -- Group A, 18:00 CET
Chris Wrights is leading the league in points and assists going into Gameday 5
- Lietkabelis have lost their first four games, which constitutes the Lithuanian team's longest losing streak in the BCL. The only two teams to lose their first five games in the competition were Capo d'Orlando in 2017-18 and MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg in 2018-19.
- Torun have conceded 117.5 points on average in their last two games, both of which ended in a loss.
- Lietkabelis average only 24.8 made field goals per game, less than any other team so far this season, while Torun have made more field goals (35.8) per game than any other team.
- Zeljko Sakic is the only Lietkabelis player to have scored at least 10 points in all four games so far.
- Chris Wright of Torun currently leads the competition in both scoring, with 87 points, and in assists, with 37. Wright has dished out at least one assist to eight of his teammates, with Keith Hornsby getting the most, 10.
PAOK (0-4) v Happy Casa Brindisi (2-2) -- Group D, 18:00 CET
Adrian Banks of Brindisi is almost unstoppable at the start of games
- PAOK have allowed their opponents to bring down fewer offensive rebounds (7.5) but also more defensive rebounds per game (28.5) than any other team so far.
- Brindisi have lost their first two away games, both by a double-digit margin.
- PAOK have lost their first four games but have never lost five in a row in the competition. The only two teams to lose their first five games were Capo d'Orlando in 2017-18 and MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg in 2018-19.
- Apollon Tsochlas of PAOK has played the most games in the competition among all players that have never started a single BCL game. Tsochlas has played in 41 games, all coming from the bench.
- Adrian Banks of Brindisi has scored 44 of his 65 points during the first half, more than any other player.
Besiktas Sompo Sigorta (1-3) v Falco Szombathely (2-2) -- Group D, 18:00 CET
De’Quon Lake is coming off a double-double performance in Falco's win against Bonn
- Besiktas lost their last two home games but have never lost three consecutive games at home in the competition.
- Falco have won the two games (at home) where they scored at least 70 points and lost the two (on the road) where they scored less than 70 points.
- Only ERA Nymburk are averaging more turnovers per game, 19.5, than Besiktas, who have committed 16.8 turnovers per game.
- Jordan Theodore of Besiktas is averaging 6.6 points in his last five home games in the BCL, after averaging 16.3 points in his first eight home games.
- De’Quon Lake of Falco posted a double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds in his last game against Telekom Baskets Bonn, after collecting a total of 10 points and six rebounds in his first three games in the competition.
RASTA Vechta (3-1) v Teksut Bandirma (1-3) -- Group B, 20:00 CET
Trevis Simpson is leading the league in made threes, with 19 triples in four games
- Vechta have won the only home game they have played so far in the competition, 89-76 against Anwil on Gameday 1.
- Bandirma have won eight games in the BCL against teams from Germany, more than against teams from any other country. However, Bandirma lost their last two games against German teams in the competition, both against Brose Bamberg in last season’s Round of 16.
- Vechta are leading the league both in three-point attempts and in made three-pointers. The German team average 33.3 shots and 14.5 makes from beyond the arc per game.
- Trevis Simpson of Vechta is leading the league in made triples, with 19. He has made 12 more shots from beyond the arc than from two-point range.
- Omar Prewitt of Bandirma is the only player this season to have scored at least 15 points off the bench in four different games.
Mornar Bar (0-4) v Peristeri winmasters (2-2) -- Group C, 20:00 CET
Scoochie Smith is averaging 10.5 points in just 14 minutes per game
- Mornar Bar have only won one of their last 15 BCL games and none of their last six home games in the competition.
- Peristeri are the only team this season that had all four of their games ending on a single-digit margin.
- Peristeri are joint league leaders in blocks. Both the Athens team and ERA Nymburk have 16 blocks after the first four games.
- Derek Needham of Mornar Bar collected at least 15 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in each of his last two games. Only two players have managed to achieve that in three consecutive games: Scott Bamforth in October 2017 and Vince Hunter in January-February 2019.
- Scoochie Smith of Peristeri has scored 42 points so far this season, the most by a player averaging less than 15 minutes per game (Smith averages 14 minutes).
Telekom Baskets Bonn (2-2) v Neptunas Klaipeda (3-1) -- Group D, 20:00 CET
Gytis Masiulis is right now a player no defense in the BCL wants to send to the foul line
- Bonn have won their last three home games but have never won four home games in a row in the competition.
- Neptunas have lost five games against teams from Germany, more than against teams from any other country.
- Neptunas are leading the league in made free-throws with 72 and are currently on a run of 15 consecutive made free-throws. By contrast, only two teams (Besiktas with 35 and Brindisi with 33) have made less free-throws than Bonn, who have hit 36 shots from the line.
- Bojan Subotic of Bonn is averaging 13 points in his last three home games after scoring a total of 29 points (5.8 per game) in his first five games at home.
- Gytis Masiulis of Neptunas has made his last 12 free-throws, which is the best current run in the BCL.
EB Pau-Lacq-Orthez (1-3) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (4-0) -- Group B, 20:30 CET
Suleiman Braimoh has reason to celebrate nearly every time he shoots from two-point range
- Justin Dentmon, who has just joined Pau-Lacq-Orthez replacing Matt Mobley, is poised to make his BCL debut on Tuesday. The veteran guard played in Lebanon and in South Korea last season.
- Pau-Lacq-Orthez have played only one game at home so far and lost 90-75 to RASTA Vechta on Gameday 2.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won 80 percent of their road games, the most among all teams in the history of the competition.
- Hapoel Jerusalem, with 64.5 percent, and Pau-Lacq-Orthez with 60.6 percent are the only two teams to have made more than 60 percent of their 2-point attempts so far this season.
- Nicolas De Jong of Pau-Lacq-Orthez scored a season-high 35 points in the French team's win at San Pablo Burgos on Gameday 4 and earned MVP of the Week honors. De Jong had scored 25 points in total in his first three games.
- Suleiman Braimoh of Hapoel Jerusalem is leading the league in two-point shooting percentage, averaging 84.6 percent in two-point field goals. He has made his last 14 two-point shots, which is the longest streak for a player this season.
Casademont Zaragoza (2-2) v JDA Dijon (4-0) -- Group D, 20:30 CET
David Holston is averaging 8 assists per game as the second-leading passer so far this season
- Zaragoza have lost their last game but have never lost two in a row in the competition.
- Dijon are currently on a four-game winning streak, their first ever in the competition, as they had played 14 games prior to this season and never won consecutive games. The 2017-18 Monaco side is so far the only French team to have won their first five games.
- Dijon are leading the league in field goal percentage with 53 percent shooting while Zaragoza have the lowest three-point shooting percentage, having converted just 25.7 percent of their shots from beyond the arc.
- Nemanja Radovic of Zaragoza is leading the league in offensive rebounds, with 18. Radovic has so far brought down 8 more offensive than defensive rebounds.
- Dijon’s David Holston, with 32 assists, and Axel Julien with 30 are two of only three players to have dished more than 30 assists in the first four games. Chris Wright of Torun has 37 assists.