20 things to look out for in Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The four-game slate on Tuesday features two encounters that could prove crucial in the race for qualification from Group C, and also includes potentially pivotal clashes in each of Group A and Group F.
Here are 20 things you need to know ahead of the four Tuesday games:
Group A - 18:00 CET - Szombathely, Hungary
Zoltan Perl appears to have recovereved in recent games his shooting touch from long range
● Falco and Peristeri will meet for the second ever time in history. The first time was the reverse fixture in October, which the Greek team won by a 17-point margin (87-70), their second largest winning margin ever in the competition (after the 18-point win v Rytas Vilnius in October 2020).
● Falco have been alternating between wins and losses in their five BCL games at home since the start of the 2022-23 season. They lost their most recent home game, 87-78 to Unicaja.
● Peristeri have lost their last four road games in the BCL, their longest slide on the road since the start of 2020. Peristeri have won just two of their 13 road games in the BCL, and gave up more than 80 points in 11 of those encounters.
● Falco's Zoltan Perl has made three of the four 3-pointers he attempted across his last two BCL games, after shooting 0-of-12 from beyond the arc in his previous six BCL appearances. Perl put up 20+ points, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in each of his previous two home games against Greek teams in the BCL
● Peristeri's Jaylen Hands scored only nine points in his last BCL appearance, against Unicaja, but has never had fewer than 10 points in consecutive games in his 12 BCL appearances. Hands scored 20 points in the reverse fixture against Falco, his joint-high in a BCL game.
Group C - 18:30 CET - Riga, Latvia
Tidjane Salaun is the only player under 20 years of age to average 10 or more points in this season's BCL
● VEF have lost their six most recent games in the BCL, including the reverse fixture against Cholet (74-73 in France). However, their last win in the BCL came the last time they hosted a French team in Riga, 71-51 against Limoges in October 2022.
● If Cholet win on Tuesday it will be the first ever time they string together a 3-game win streak in the BCL. Their road win at Darussafaka (91-80) was their first road win in the competition, after losing their first four.
● Cholet are averaging a league-high 18.3 fast-break points per game in the BCL this season, while VEF are averaging a joint league-low 5.7 per game (tied with EWE Baskets Oldenburg).
● VEF's Arnaldo Toro Barea is averaging a joint league-high 4 offensive rebounds per game (tied with Jamuni McNeace). He had exactly 8 rebounds in each of his first two games in the competition and is shooting 80 percent from 2-point range (8-of-10).
● Cholet's Tidjane Salaun is the only U20 player to average 10 or more points per game in the BCL this season (10.7 per game), and he's made made at least one 3-pointer in each of his three BCL games.
Group F - 20:00 CET - Bonn, Germany
Bursaspor forward Michael Young has been a force on the glass during his BCL career
● Bonn have won their last five BCL games against teams from Turkiye, including the reverse fixture against Bursaspor (91-73 in Bursa). Bonn have won 17 of their last 19 games in the BCL, but the only two losses in that span came at home.
● Bursaspor lost their first two games in the BCL and both by 18 or more points. They will look to avoid becoming the first ever Turkish team to lose their first three games in the competition.
● Bonn are the only team to have forced their opponents to commit 20+ turnovers per game (20.3 to be exact). Bursaspor are averaging 8.0 points off turnovers per game, fewer than any other team in the BCL this season.
● Bonn's Glynn Watson had 20 points and 6 rebounds in his last BCL game, against Rio Brogan, after tallying 18 points and no rebounds in his previous two BCL appearances combined.
● Bursaspor's Michael Young pulled down 5+ rebounds in each of his last seven BCL games, averaging 7 rebounds per game in that span. However, despite his efforts on the glass, he was on the losing side in 9 of his last 10 games in the competition.
Group C - 21:00 CET - San Cristobal de la Laguna, Spain
Marcelinho Huertas could conquer yet another milestone on Tuesday
● This will be the fourth encounter between Tenerife and Darüssafaka in the BCL. The Spanish side won both games in the 2022-23 season, while the Turkish team won the reverse fixture this season (88-84). So far, MHP RIESEN Ludwigsburg, in 2021-22, and Ventspils, in 2017-18, are the only clubs to have defeated Tenerife more than once in a single season, during the first eight years of the BCL.
● Tenerife are riding a 16-0 winning streak at home in the BCL and if they win on Tuesday they will tie AS Monaco for the longest such streak in league history. Monaco won 17 home games in a row across the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
● Darüssafaka won their most recent road game in the BCL (84-75 v VEF Riga) but are yet to win consecutive road games in the competition. They have a 1-6 record on their seven trips to Spain so far.
● Tenerife's Marcelinho Huertas currently has 495 BCL career assists, which means he is 5 assists shy of becoming the first ever player to reach 500 assists in the competition. The Brazilian star dished out at least seven assists in each of his previous three games against Darüssafaka.
● Darüssafaka's Can Korkmaz, who scored 14 points against Cholet, is looking to score in double digits in consecutive games in the competition for the first time in his 38 BCL appearances. This will be his 7th game against Tenerife, the most appearances for a player against the Spanish side. He is averaging 7.2 points per game over those seven encounters.