Rescheduled games preview: BAXI Manresa vs. Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem, PAOK mateco vs. Igokea m:tel
MIES (Switzerland) - Two games that were scheduled for December 22 were postponed following the Return to Play Protocol established by the Basketball Champions League and they will now be played on December 28 and 29.
The Group B game between BAXI Manresa vs. Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem will now be played on Tuesday December 28 and the Group E game between PAOK mateco vs. Igokea m:tel will play on Wednesday December 29.
🚨 The games @BasquetManresa vs @JerusalemBasket and @PAOKbasketball vs @BCIgokea, scheduled for December 22, are postponed, following the Return to Play Protocol established by the #BasketballCL, and will be rescheduled for Tuesday Dec. 28 and Wednesday Dec. 29 respectively. pic.twitter.com/Lx15g3vi5T— Basketball Champions League (@BasketballCL) December 17, 2021
Here's a look at the two rescheduled games:
December 28: BAXI Manresa (5-0) vs. Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (2-3) - Group B
Where: Manresa, Spain
First meeting this season: Manresa defeated Jerusalem 73-68 on October 13
View this post on Instagram
- Manresa are the only undefeated team in the BCL this season; they have already won three games after trailing at halftime, the most of any team in the league in 2021-22.
- Jerusalem have won their last two BCL games, as many wins as in their previous 10 games in the competition; the Israeli club will play their fourth BCL game in Spain, having won just one of the previous three there.
- Manresa have had the highest point differential on average in the fourth quarter in the BCL this season, scoring on average 7.6 points more than what they have conceded in the final 10 minutes of the game.
- Jerusalem have grabbed 41.2 rebounds per game, while only Igokea have more than them in the BCL this season (43.8); they had 55 rebounds, including 22 offensive, in the last game against Manresa, both the most for any team in a BCL game in 2021-22.
- Jerusalem's Retin Obasohan has combined for 20+ points and 5+ assists in seven games in the BCL, including in his last two league appearances – only JDA Dijon's David Holston has had more (8).
December 29: PAOK mateco (2-3) vs. Igokea m:tel (2-3) - Group E
Where: Thessaloniki, Greece
First meeting this season: Igokea defeated PAOK 68-64 on October 5
View this post on Instagram
- PAOK have won their most recent home game in the BCL (81-74 vs. Galatasaray) and will try to win consecutive games at home for the first time since November 2019 (W2).
- Igokea have won just one of their eight games away from home in the BCL, losing all seven road games in which they have given up more than 75 points.
- PAOK have conceded just 24.8 points per game in the paint, fewer than any other team in the BCL this season; Igokea scored 20 points in the paint in the reverse fixture, their only game with fewer than 30 points scored in the key.
- Marvin Jones has scored 12+ points in his last four games with PAOK in the BCL; Jones has made all his three attempts from behind the arc this season (3/3) and he last missed a 3-pointer in December 2018, while at Petrol Olimpija (vs. Promitheas).
- Markel Starks has combined for 14.5 points, 7.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game in his last four appearances with Igokea in the BCL; however, he recorded five points, six assists and no steals in the last game against PAOK.