Game of the week: AEK (0-3) vs. VEF Riga (1-2)
ATHENS (Greece) - AEK will attempt to get their first win of the Basketball Champions League season when they host VEF Riga in the game of the week on Nov. 15.
Where: Athens, Greece (AEK Ano Liosia Arena)
The two teams played each other in their last game on Nov. 3 and Riga defeated AEK 92-76.
View this post on Instagram
AEK (0-3), fourth place in Group D
- AEK have lost their first three games of a BCL season for the first time, including a defeat 76-92 against Riga in the last gameday; they have won 10 of their last 12 home games in the competition, however.
- AEK have conceded 44.7 points per game in the first half, a joint high alongside San Pablo Burgos in the BCL this season; on the other hand, Riga have scored more points per game than any other team in the first 20 minutes of their games this season (45.0).
Points per game: Ian Hummer (17.5), Stevan Jelovac (16.0), Braian Angola (15.5)
Rebounds per game: Hummer (7.5), Jelovac (4.5), Juan Pablo Vaulet (4.3)
Assists per game: Quino Colom (7.0), Angola (3.0), Vaulet (2.3)
Riga (1-2), third place in Group D
- Riga's 92-76 win against AEK in the last gameday ended a run of eight straight defeats for the Latvians in the BCL; they have won only two of their 12 away games in the BCL but one of those wins came in Greece, against Peristeri in November 2020 (84-81).
- Riga have made on average 23.3 assists per game this season in the BCL, more than any other team, while AEK have made 15 assists per game, only two teams have a lower average; Riga never averaged more than 17 assists per game in any of their previous two seasons in the competition.
- Jalen Riley scored 25 points against AEK in the reverse fixture, the most for any Riga player in a single BCL game ever; Riley has made 5+ shots from behind the arc in two of his three appearances in the league.
Points per game: Ron Curry (15.0), Riley (14.7), Kristers Zoriks (12.7)
Rebounds per game: Alexander Madsen (6.7), Zoriks (4.7), Artis Ate (4.3)
Assists per game: Zoriks (4.7), Curry (4.0), Riley (4.0)
Team comparison by the numbers: