Will Bologna keep their winning streak? Everything you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games.
MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (GER) v Anwil (POL)
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have already faced a Polish team in BCL, it was in the Regular Season in 2016/17, with a home win and an away loss against Zielona Gora.
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have lost their last five BCL games, their longest losing streak in the competition. They have already lost more games in this Regular Season (3) than in the Regular Season 2017/18 (2 losses).
- Anwil have lost their last two BCL games after having won their first one. They have conceded more points than any other team this season in BCL (276).
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg have only scored 36.2% of their FGs attempted, less than any other team this season.
- Anwil's Kamil Laczynski is the only player to average 10 assists per game this season in BCL.
UCAM Murcia (ESP) v Sidigas Avellino (ITA)
- UCAM Murcia and Sidigas Avellino have both won their first three games this season.
- UCAM Murcia have conceded on average only 4.3 fast break points per game, less than any other team this season.
- Sidigas Avellino are the only team to have scored 100+ points on average per game this season (100.3) but have already played two games with overtime (one double OT and one single OT).
- UCAM Murcia are the only team to have six players with an average of 5+ rebounds grabbed per game in BCL this season.
- Sidigas Avellino's Norris Cole has averaged 24.3 points per game so far, more than any other player, and he is the only player to have scored 30+ points in two different games.
PAOK (GRE) v Nanterre 92 (FRA)
- PAOK have lost their last four BCL games, their longest losing streak in the competition. They are also the first Greek team to have lost their opening three games of a BCL season.
- Nanterre 92 have won their last away game (v Telekom Baskets Bonn 81-57) but are yet to win two consecutive games away from home in the competition.
- PAOK (24) and Nanterre 92 (24.3) are two of the three teams to have scored less than 25 FGs per game on average this season.
- No guard has made more free-throws with 100% success this season than PAOK's Ioannis Athinaiou (9/9).
- Nanterre's Dominic Waters has scored 68.2% of his 2-pointers, best % among the guards with more than 20 2-point shots attempted.
UNET Holon (ISR) v Opava (CZE)
- UNET Holon have won their last two home games in BCL but are yet to win three in a row.
- Opava have lost their last two BCL games after having won their first one. They are one of the six teams yet to score 80+ points in a game this season.
- Only two teams have a better free-throw % than UNET Holon (82.7%) in the 2018/19 BCL.
- No team has conceded more 2-pointers than Opava (75) this season in BCL. They have also conceded more points in the paint on average per game (44) than any other team.
- UNET Holon's Khalif Wyatt has made 14 3-pointers so far, more than any other player from behind the arc.
Fribourg Olympic (SUI) v Telekom Baskets Bonn (GER)
- Fribourg Olympic have lost two of their three BCL games but their only win came in their previous home game, against Opava (97-79).
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have won their last away game (v PAOK 100-95) after having lost their previous five.
- Fribourg Olympic are the team that have made the fewest 3-pointers (11) but are also the team that have conceded the most shots made from behind the arc (37).
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have allowed their opponents to score 53.1% of their FGs attempted in the competition so far, more than any other team.
- The two players with the most offensive rebounds grabbed this season in BCL (12 each) are part of Fribourg's squad: Babacar Toure and Andre Williamson. The former also has the best efficiency rating per game this season (28Effpg) while Williamson is the player to have attempted the most free-throws with a 100% success (16/16).
JDA Dijon (FRA) v AEK (GRE)
- AEK will play against a French team for the eighth time in BCL history: they have not won any game in French territory (D1 L2).
- JDA Dijon have lost both games in which they have conceded 70+ points and have won the only game in which they have conceded fewer than 70 points in BCL this season.
- AEK have scored 90+ points in consecutive games for the first time in their three seasons in BCL (94 vs CEZ Nymburk and 93 vs Brose Bamberg). AEK have won all nine BCL games in which they have scored 90+ points.
- JDA Dijon's Gavin Ware has scored an average of 18.5 points per game in his last two BCL appearances.
- AEK's Xavier Rathan-Mayes has made an average of 20.5 points and 4.5 assists per game in his last two BCL home appearances.
Filou Oostende (BEL) v Petrol Olimpija (SLO)
- This will be the first game between a Belgian and a Slovenian side in BCL history. Filou Oostende have won five of their last eight home games in BCL, while Petrol Olimpija have lost six of their eight away games in the league.
- Filou Oostende have allowed their opponents to grab only 6.0 offensive rebounds per game, the fewest offensive rebounds allowed per contest among all teams in BCL in 2018-19.
- Petrol Olimpija have forced their opponents to make only 8.7 turnovers per game, the worst mark in BCL this season.
- Filou Oostende's TJ Williams debuted in BCL in Gameday 3, scoring 14 points while making 50% of their field goal attempts against Neptunas Klaipeda.
- Petrol Olimpija's Jan Span has scored an average of 16.5 points per game while making 58.8% of his attempted FG and 54.5% of his shots from behind the 3-point line in his two appearances in BCL this season.
Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA) v medi Bayreuth (GER)
- medi Bayreuth will play their third game against an Italian side in BCL: they have lost at Umana Reyer Venezia's home court (70-67) in 2017-18.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have scored 19.7 points per game after turnover, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- medi Bayreuth have conceded only 22.7 points in the paint per game, the best defensive mark among all teams in BCL in 2018-19.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna's Kevin Punter has scored an average of 18.7 points per game in BCL this season: he has made 18+ points in 14 of his 23 BCL games.
- medi Bayreuth's Hassan Martin has scored 11+ points in each of this three BCL appearances: he has made his first double-double in the league against Promitheas Patras in Gameday 3, combining for 11 points and 11 rebounds.