Who from AEK or Fuenlabrada will stay on top of Group C? 35 facts to know ahead of Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games.
Sidigas Avellino (ITA) v Banvit (TUR)
- Sidigas Avellino have won their last two home games in BCL but are yet to win three in a row in the competition.
- Banvit have won six of their last eight BCL games and four of their last six away games.
- Sidigas Avellino have grabbed the most defensive rebounds this season (133) while Banvit have grabbed the most offensive rebounds (62) and the most rebounds overall (185).
- Sidigas Avellino's Matt Costello has made nine blocks this season, more than any other player and more than 17 teams in the BCL 2018/19.
- Banvit's Jordan Morgan is one of the two players with less than 30 minutes played by game this season to average 15+ points and 8+ rebounds (17ppg & 8.3rpg).
AEK (GRE) v Montakit Fuenlabrada (ESP)
- AEK have only lost one of their last nine BCL games (W7 D1). They have also won their last two games played against a Spanish team.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost their last game after having won their first three. They have won their two games played away from home in the competition so far, but these two wins have seen a margin of two points or less.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada (362) have conceded more points than any other team in the BCL 2018/19.
- AEK's Vince Hunter has grabbed more offensive rebounds (19) than any other player this season. He grabbed nine of his 19 offensive rebounds in his last game against JDA Dijon, joint-most for a player in a BCL game 2018/19.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada's Marc Garcia is the only player this season to average more than 10 points per game (10.7) among the players with less than 15 minutes per game (14mpg).
Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR) v CEZ Nymburk (CEZ)
- Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem have won three of their first four BCL games, including the only one played on their home court, against Lietkabelis (81-67).
- CEZ Nymburk have lost their last two consecutive away games in BCL, after winning five of their previous six games on opponent courts in the league.
- CEZ Nymburk have allowed their opponents to score 47 3-pointers this season, no team have conceded more shots from behind the arc.
- Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem's Tamir Blatt has made on average 6.8 assists per game, joint-most for a player with less than 30 minutes played per game on average this season.
- CEZ Nymburk's Vojtech Hruban is one of the two players to have scored 15+ points in each of their first four BCL games this season. He has made more 3-pointers (16) than any other player in the BCL 2018/19.
Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR) v Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA)
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna will be the third Italian team Besiktas Sompo Japan will face in BCL history: they have beaten Dinamo Sassari twice in 2016-17 and have lost both games against Sidigas Avellino in 2017-18.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have lost their last three BCL games but have never lost four in a row in the competition.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have won their first four games in BCL, first Italian team to achieve it. Only two teams previously have managed to win their first five games in the competition: their opponent of the day Besiktas Sompo Japan and another Group D team, Neptunas Klaipeda, both in 2016/17.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan's Ivan Buva is one of the two players to have scored 15+ points in each of their first four BCL games this season.
- Segafredo Virtus Bolgona's David Cournooh has made 70% of his 3-pointer shots attempted, best % among the players with at least 10 attempts.
Petrol Olimpija (SLO) v Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU)
- Petrol Olimpija have only won one of their last eight BCL games, but it was the last one against Oostende (79-73). They also have lost their last five home games in BCL.
- Neptunas Klaipeda have lost their last five away games in BCL but have always managed to score 70+ points in these five games.
- Neptunas Klaipeda have suffered the most fouls this season (107) and thus are the team to have attempted (123) and made (94) the most free-throws.
- Petrol Olimpija's Marvin Jones is the player to have played the most minutes (98) without having made a single assist in BCL this season.
- Neptunas Klaipeda's Jerai Grant has averaged 9.5 rebounds per game this season, the best average for a player with less than 30 minutes played per game. He also has the second-best FG% in the competition (65%).
SIG Strasbourg (FRA) v Promitheas Patras (GRE)
- SIG Strasbourg have only lost two of their 18 home games in BCL (W15 D1). They are unbeaten at home in the competition against a Greek side (W2 D1).
- Promitheas Patras have won their first four games in BCL, second Greek team to achieve it after Aris in 2016/17. Only two teams have previously managed to win their first five games in the competition: Besiktas Sompo Japan and Neptunas Klaipeda in 2016/17, both being in Group D this season.
- Promitheas Patras have made the most steals this season (46) and are also the team to have made the least fouls (66).
- SIG Strasbourg's Youssoupha Fall has scored 62.5% of his FGs attempted, second-best % for a center this season in BCL.
- Promitheas' Nikos Gkikas is the best assists provider for his team (6 per game). However, he has only averaged 4 assists in his two games away from home while averaging eight assists in his two home games.
medi Bayreuth (GER) v Filou Oostende (BEL)
- medi Bayreuth have lost their last five games in BCL after having lost only six of their first 17 games. They have also lost their last three home games.
- Filou Oostende have lost six of their last seven away games in BCL, but they have won their previous two games against a German team in the competition.
- medi Bayreuth have scored less points than any other team this season in BCL (270). In fact, their games have produced fewer points than any other team’s games this season (141 points per game on average).
- medi Bayreuth's Hassan Martin has made seven blocks this season in BCL, only one player has done better. It's more blocks than the entire Filou Oostende squad (6).
- Nemanja Djurisic is the best point scorer (14.5ppg) and the best rebounder (5.3rpg) for Oostende this season. However, he failed to reach double-digit in scoring only once this season, it was during his only previous away game (8 points against Bologna).