First Greek derby in BCL and 20 other facts you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The Play-Offs are on! After an exciting Regular Season, 16 teams will now face each other home and away, and try to qualify for the Quarter-Finals. Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games, for the Round of 16 first leg.
Nizhny Novgorod (RUS) v Umana Reyer Venezia (ITA)
- Nizhny Novgorod and Umana Reyer Venezia are two of the three teams to have played the most minutes in this Regular Season (580 minutes, 4 overtimes each).
- Nizhny Novgorod have won their last two BCL games but are yet to win three in a row in the competition.
- Umana Reyer Venezia have won six of their last seven games away from home in BCL; they have won their last three BCL away games but are yet to win four in a row in the competition.
- Nizhny Novgorod have allowed their opponents to score only 29.8% of their attempted 3-pointers, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- Umana Reyer Venezia have made an average of 11.9 shots from behind the arc per game while playing away from home, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- Nizhny Novgorod's Vladimir Dragicevic has scored an average of 17.3 points per game as a starter but only 7.8 points per game when he has come from the bench in BCL this season.
- Umana Reyer Venezia's MarQuez Haynes has scored an average of 3.1 shots from behind the arc in his last 11 games in BCL; Haynes has scored more 3-pointers than any other player in BCL this season (39).
PAOK (GRE) v AEK (GRE)
- This will be the first time two Greek teams will ever face each other in a BCL game.
- PAOK have won nine of their last 11 home games in BCL; PAOK have won both home games they have played in the BCL Round of 16 and have not conceded 70 or more points in these games.
- AEK have won 12 games this season, first time that a Greek team manages to win 10+ games in a BCL Regular Season.
- PAOK have scored 45.2% of their attempted 3-pointers, the most among all teams in BCL this season; PAOK have also had an effective field-goal percentage (eFG%) of 58.2%, the highest among all teams in the league in 2018/19.
- AEK have made an average of 41 rebounds and 3.6 blocks per game while playing away from home, the most in both categories among all teams in BCL this season.
- PAOK have won seven of the eight games in which Phil Goss was a starter and only one of the four games in which he came from the bench in BCL this season: Goss has scored 9.8 points per game as a bench player and an average of 13.5 points per game as a starter.
- AEK's Vince Hunter has combined for an average of 21.1 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in his last 11 appearances in BCL this season: Vince Hunter has scored 68.5% of his attempted field-goals, the most among all players in BCL in 2018/19 (min 7 games).
Le Mans (FRA) v Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA)
- This will be the 12th time that a French team hosts an Italian side in a BCL game, with the French representatives winning nine of these matchups. Le Mans have won two of the six games in which they have faced an Italian opponent (L4) in BCL history.
- Le Mans have won five of their last six games in BCL, including their last three consecutive games, best run for MSB in the league this season; Le Mans have not a won a game in which they have conceded 80 or more points in BCL history (L5).
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have won 10 games this season, joint-best tally for an Italian team in a BCL Regular Season ever, alongside Sidigas Avellino in 2016/17 and Umana Reyer Venezia this season.
- Le Mans have scored 80+ points in their last three games: first time MSB have scored 80 or more points in three consecutive games in BCL history.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have conceded an average of 8.5 points per game after turnovers, the fewest among all teams in BCL in 2018/19; they have also made the fewest turnovers per game among all teams in the competition this season (8.4).
- Le Mans' Michael Thompson has combined for 13+ points and 5+ assists in five of his last six games in BCL this season; Thompson has scored, at least, one 3-pointer in each of his 14 appearances with Le Mans in BCL in 2018/19.
- Only Vince Hunter (262) has scored more points this season than Kevin Punter (232) among all players in BCL; Kevin Punter has scored a total of 617 points in BCL history, the most among all players that have ever played in the competition.