Can Neptunas equal their best winning run? Everything you need to know before Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The Play-Offs are on! After an exciting Regular Season, 16 teams will now face each other home and away, and try to qualify for the Quarter-Finals. Let's have a look at some key facts before Wednesday's games, for the Round of 16 first leg.
Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR)
- Neptunas Klaipeda have reached the BCL Round of 16 for the third season in a row. However, they have always been eliminated at that stage. Hapoel Jerusalem have qualified for the BCL Play-Offs in their debut-season in the league.
- Neptunas Klaipeda have won their last four consecutive games in BCL, with three of those wins being by 10+ points; the Lithuanians are one win shy to equal their best winning run in BCL.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won their first two games against a Lithuanian side in BCL, both against Lietkabelis in this Regular season. They have won 12 games this season, joint-best tally for a team in its first BCL Regular Season.
- Neptunas Klaipeda have suffered the most fouls (334) and attempted the most free-throws (347) among the teams of this BCL Regular Season.
- Hapoel Jerusalem scored 1265 points, grabbed 592 rebounds and made 318 assists, all best tallies for a team in a BCL Regular Season.
- Neptunas Klaipeda's Jerai Grant has combined for 13+ points and 9+ rebounds in eight of his 14 appearances in BCL in 2018/19; only Babacar Toure (7) has made more double-doubles than Jerai Grant in the competition this season (5).
- Hapoel Jerusalem's James Feldeine has scored an average of 17.8 points per game in his last six appearances away from home in BCL in 2018/19; Feldeine has made, at least, one 3-pointer in each of his 14 appearances with Hapoel Jerusalem while scoring 40.2% of his attempts from behind the arc in BCL this season.
Promitheas Patras (GRE) v Iberostar Tenerife (ESP)
- Promitheas Patras will be the fourth Greek team to take part in a BCL Round of 16, after AEK, PAOK and Aris. Iberostar Tenerife have qualified for the BCL Round of 16 for the third time. They won the title in 2017 but were unable to pass that stage last season.
- Promitheas Patras have conceded an average of 82.1 points per game in this Regular Season, more than any other team that managed to qualify for the Round of 16.
- Iberostar Tenerife have won more away games (20) than any other team in BCL history. They have won their last 14 games away from home, best run in the competition.
- Promitheas Patras have lost six of the nine games in which they have conceded 80+ points in BCL this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife have the best defensive record in the BCL Play-Offs history, averaging only 62.4 points conceded per Play-Offs game.
- Rion Brown has scored an average of 19.5 points per game in his last four home appearances with Promitheas Patras in BCL this season; only Rion Brown and Norris Cole have scored 30+ points in more than one game in BCL this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife's Sebastian Saiz has made three double-doubles, the most for a player coming from the bench in BCL this season.
Brose Bamberg (GER) v Banvit (TUR)
- This will be the fifth time that a German and a Turkish team face each other in the BCL Play-Offs: only one German team have progressed in the competition while playing against a Turkish opponent (medi Bayreuth v Besiktas in 2017/18).
- Brose Bamberg have won five of their last six home games in BCL this season; Brose Bamberg have only lost at home when they have conceded 80+ points in BCL in 2018/19.
- Banvit have never lost a game in the Round of 16 in BCL history (W3 D1), advancing to the Quarter-Finals in both their previous seasons in BCL.
- Brose Bamberg are the only team to finish a BCL Regular Season with a free-throw scoring ratio of more than 80% - Brose Bamberg have scored 82.9% of their attempted free-throws.
- Banvit have scored an average of 42.4 points per game in the paint, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- Brose Bamberg's Tyrese Rice has scored 20+ points in five different BCL games in 2018/19: only AEK's Vince Hunter has had more games with 20 or more points in the league this season (6).
- Banvit have won four of the five games since Gary Neal arrived in the team; Neal has scored an average of 19.3 points per game in his last three appearances with Banvit.
Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL) v UCAM Murcia (ESP)
- Telenet Giants Antwerp are the first Belgian team that manages to progress further than the Group stage in a BCL season. UCAM Murcia have reached the Round of 16 for the second time: they won the bronze medal for their first BCL season in 2017/18.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have won their last four consecutive home games in BCL and have not conceded 80+ points in that span.
- UCAM Murcia had the best record of this Regular Season, having lost only one of their 14 games (v MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg on Gameday 6). Only Monaco last season previously managed to win 13 games in the Regular Season.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have made only 66.9% of their attempted free-throws, the lowest scoring percentage from the free-throw line among all teams in BCL this season.
- UCAM Murcia (945) are one of the two teams to have conceded less than 1000 points in this BCL Regular Season; UCAM Murcia had the best defensive record in the BCL Play-Offs 2017/18, conceding on average only 71.8 points per game.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have seen their players making six double-doubles in this Regular Season, more than any other team that managed to qualify for the Round of 16.
- UCAM Murcia's Ovie Soko has scored 12+ points in eight of his last nine appearances in BCL while making 86.8% of his attempted free-throws in that span.
Nanterre 92 (FRA) v Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR)
- This will be the sixth game between a French and a Turkish team in BCL Play-Offs history, with four of these five previous encounters being won by a Turkish side.
- Nanterre 92 have qualified for the BCL Play-Offs for the second consecutive season but have never won a game in a Play-Offs round before (L2).
- Besiktas have made it to the Round of 16 for the third consecutive season but have not won a game in a Play-Offs round in BCL before (D1 L3).
- Nanterre 92 have scored the most 3-pointers among all teams in BCL this season (159).
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have won their last six BCL games, their joint-best run in the competition.
- Dominic Waters has combined for an average of 13.8 points and 7.4 assists in his last five appearances for Nanterre in BCL this season.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan's Robin Benzing has scored 12+ points in six of his last seven appearances in BCL; only three players have scored more points than Benzing (157) while coming from the bench in BCL games this season.