Can Hapoel Jerusalem defeat AEK once again? Everything you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games.
Telekom Baskets Bonn (GER) v Iberostar Tenerife (ESP)
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have won four of their last six home games in BCL, after having lost their first four.
- Iberostar Tenerife have lost only three of their last 22 BCL games. They have lost their last game (v PAOK 65-66) but have suffered consecutive defeats only once before, in November 2016.
- Iberostar Tenerife (61.7%) and Telekom Baskets Bonn (60.1%) are the two teams to have scored more than 60% of their 2-pointers attempted this season.
- Telekom Baskets Bonn's Charles Jackson has scored 66.1% of his FGs attempted (41/62), best % among the players this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife's Thaddus McFadden has scored on average nine points per game at home and 17 points per game in away games. He was the best scorer for Iberostar against Bonn on Gameday 1 (13 points).
CEZ Nymburk (CZE) v JDA Dijon (FRA)
- CEZ Nymburk have lost three of their five games against French teams in BCL history, including their encounter with JDA Dijon in Gameday 1 of the current season (74-63).
- CEZ Nymburk have scored the fewest points per game in the paint (24.9) and have also the worst scoring ratio from the field (38.6%) among all teams in BCL this season.
- JDA Dijon have allowed their opponents to grab 37.8% of the available rebounds on their own basket, the worst rebounding percentage among all teams in BCL this season.
- CEZ Nymburk's Vojtech Hruban has scored an average of 22 points per game in his first two BCL appearances at home this season, but only scored nine points in his last game at home vs Brose Bamberg.
- JDA Dijon's Gavin Ware has scored 11+ points in his last six consecutive BCL games, while making 65% of his attempted field goals in that span.
Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR) v AEK (GRE)
- AEK have lost only one of their last 12 games in BCL and it was against Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem in Gameday 1 of the current season (75-79).
- Hapoel Jerusalem have grabbed 15.9 offensive rebounds per game and have also scored 15.9 points per game in second chances situations, the most among teams in BCL this season.
- AEK have won their last six consecutive games in the league, a joint-best run for the BCL champions in league history. However, the Queen have never won seven straight games in BCL history.
- Only AEK's Vince Hunter (124) has scored more points in BCL this season than Hapoel Jerusalem's James Feldeine (123); Feldeine has made an average of 3.6 shots from behind the arc in his last five appearances in the league.
- AEK's Vince Hunter has scored an average of 23.5 points per game in his last four BCL appearances while scoring 76% of his FG attempts in that span.
Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL) v Lietkabelis (LTU)
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have lost their last two consecutive home games in BCL, while Lietkabelis have not won any game on the road (L3). Telenet Giants Antwerp won the reverse fixture (87-91) in Gameday 1, which was the BCL debut for both teams.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have scored only 64.1% of their attempted free-throws, the worst scoring ratio from the line among all teams in BCL this season.
- Lietkabelis have made only 26.6 field goals per game, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Ismael Bako has grabbed an average of 9.4 rebounds in his last five appearances in BCL, while also making 1.4 blocks per game in that span.
- Lietkabelis' Simas Jasaitis has scored 2+ shots from behind the arc in his last six appearances in the BCL, while making 65.5% of his attempted 3-pointers in that span.
Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR) v medi Bayreuth (GER)
- Besiktas Sompo Japan and medi Bayreuth will face each other for the fourth time in BCL history and for the second time in the current season: the Turkish side have won the previous game (78-70) but last season was not able to beat the Germans (D1 L1) in the Round of 16.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have grabbed an average of 6.7 offensive rebounds per game and have scored only 5.9 points per game on second chance situations, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- medi Bayreuth have won their last three consecutive games in BCL after losing the previous four consecutive games in the league this season: they have never won four straight games in BCL.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan's Robin Benzing has scored, at least, one 3-pointer in each of his seven BCL appearances this season; Benzing has scored in double-digits in his last three consecutive games in BCL, his best scoring sequence in the league this season.
- medi Bayreuth's Hassan Martin has scored 72.2% of his 54 attempted 2PT shots, the best scoring ratio among all players with 4+ appearances in BCL this season.
Promitheas Patras (GRE) v Filou Oostende (BEL)
- Filou Oostende have won two of their three matchups against Greek teams in BCL history but have lost the reverse fixture against Promitheas Patras (84-93) in Gameday 1.
- Promitheas Patras have forced the most turnovers per game (17.6) and have scored the most points per game after turnovers (17.3) among all teams in BCL this season.
- Filou Oostende have allowed their opponents the fewer offensive rebounds per game (6.9) in BCL this season.
- Promitheas Patras' Christos Saloustros has combined for a double-double in his last two BCL appearances, while not reaching double-digits in neither points or rebounds in any of his previous five appearances in the competition.
- Filou Oostende's Chase Fieler has scored14+ points in three of his last four BCL games after scoring an average of 6.0 points per game in his first three appearances in the league.
SIG Strasbourg (FRA) v Petrol Olimpija (SLO)
- SIG Strasbourg have won two of the three games they have played against Petrol Olimpija in BCL history, including the reverse fixture in Gameday 1 this season (81-71).
- SIG Strasbourg have lost both games in which they have conceded 80+ points and have won four of the five games in which they have conceded fewer than 80 points in BCL this season.
- Petrol Olimpija have conceded 18.3 points per game after turnovers, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- SIG Strasbourg's Jeremy Nzeulie has scored an average of 8.0 points per game in his last two BCL appearances after scoring an average of 14.8 points per game in his first five games in the competition.
- Petrol Olimpija's Miha Lapornik has scored an average of 17.8 points per game in his last four BCL appearances after going scoreless against Segafredo Virtus Bologna in Gameday 3.