Can Anwil keep the winning streak? Everything you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The end of the Basketball Champions League Regular Season is close, since this is week 9 already! Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games.
Le Mans (FRA) v Banvit (TUR)
- Le Mans have lost 10 of their last 12 BCL games. A defeat against Banvit would be their seventh this season, equalling their tally of their entire previous BCL season (7 defeats in 2016/17).
- Banvit have alternated between defeat and victory in their last seven BCL games, winning the last one. Their win 96-67 (+29) on Gameday 2 against Le Mans is currently their biggest in BCL.
- Le Mans have scored less first-half points than any other team this season (280) while only one team have scored more second-half points (excl. OT) than Banvit (360).
- Le Mans' Michael Thompson is one of the four players to have played 25+ minutes in each of the first eight gamedays this season.
- Banvit's Devin Oliver has made 13 steals this season in BCL, joint-most for a forward.
Nizhny Novgorod (RUS) v Anwil (POL)
- Nizhny Novgorod have won three of their last four games in BCL but have lost three of their four home games.
- Anwil have won their last two games in BCL, their first time they win consecutive games in the competition.
- Anwil are one of the four teams to have three players with 100+ points scored this season in BCL, while Nizhny Novgorod have no player having reached that mark.
- Nizhny Novgorod's Georgy Zhbanov is the only player with less than 30 minutes played overall (28min 56s) among the players to have taken part in all the first eight gamedays.
- Anwil's Josip Sobin has made 25 assists this season in BCL, more than any other center.
UNET Holon (ISR) v Umana Reyer Venezia (ITA)
- UNET Holon have won five of their last six games in BCL after having won only four of their first 16. They have also won their four home games this season.
- Umana Reyer Venezia have lost their last game but are yet to lose consecutive games this season.
- UNET Holon are one of the five teams to have seen their bench players having scored less than 200 points this season (193) while Umana Reyer Venezia's bench has scored 304 points, only two teams have done better so far.
- UNET Holon's Khalif Wyatt scored 35 points against Umana Reyer Venezia on Gameday 2, the joint-most for a player in a BCL game this season. He is the only player with 20+ points scored on average per game this season (20.7)
- Umana Reyer Venezia's MarQuez Haynes has attempted 64 3-pointer shots this season, more than any other player.
Telekom Baskets Bonn (GER) v PAOK (GRE)
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have lost three of their last four home games in BCL after having won their previous three. They have won all their three games against Greek teams in the competition.
- PAOK have won their last five BCL games, second-best run currently behind AEK (7). They have won their last two away games but have never won three in a row in the competition.
- Only one team has a better 2P% than Telekom Baskets Bonn this season (58.6%) while PAOK have scored less 2-pointers than any other team (132).
- Telekom Basket Bonn's Anthony DiLeo has the best assists per turnover ratio (5.2, 31 assists, 6 turnovers) among the players with 20+ assists this season.
- Yanick Moreira is the only player to have started all the first eight gamedays for PAOK this season.
Iberostar Tenerife (ESP) v Nanterre 92 (FRA)
- Iberostar Tenerife have lost only three of their last 23 BCL games. They have lost their last home game (v PAOK 65-66), but have never lost consecutive home games in BCL.
- Nanterre 92 have won four of their last six BCL games after having lost their previous four. They have suffered their heaviest defeat in BCL against Iberostar Tenerife on Gameday 2 (58-75, -17).
- Iberostar Tenerife (95) and Nanterre 92 (92) have made more 3-pointers than any other team this season in BCL.
- Iberostar Tenerife's Lucca Staiger is the player with the most minutes played (133) without having scored a single 2-pointers. However, he has made 11 3-pointers so far.
- Nanterre's Hugo Invernizzi made eight assists during his last game against Opava after having made a tally of only four assists in the first seven gamedays. He has scored 16 3- pointers so far this season but only two 2-pointers.
Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL) v Montakit Fuenlabrada (ESP)
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have won their last game in BCL but they have still not won two consecutive games in the league. Montakit Fuenlabrada have lost their last five consecutive BCL games after winning their first three games, including the reverse fixture in Gameday 2 (96-84).
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have scored only 63.3% of their attempted free-throws, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada have scored an average of 68.5 points per game in their last four BCL encounters, after scoring an average of 86.8 points per game in their first four games in the league this season.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Dave Dudzinski has scored an average of 18.5 points per game in his first two appearances in BCL this season but has only scored 8.4 points per game in his last five games in the league.
- Montakit Fuenlabrada's Francisco Cruz has scored, at least, one 3-pointer in each of his eight appearances in BCL; ‘Pako’ Cruz is also Fuenlabrada's top scorer, with an average of 14.4 points per game in the league this season.
Lietkabelis (LTU) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR)
- Lietkabelis have won their last three home games in BCL while Hapoel Jerusalem have not lost two consecutive games in BCL.
- Lietkabelis have forced their opponents to make the fewest turnovers per game (9.4) among all teams in BCL this season.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have grabbed 15.5 offensive rebounds per game, the highest tally among all teams in BCL this season; only Fribourg Olympic have scored more points from second chances situations than Hapoel Jerusalem in BCL in 2018/19.
- Lietkabelis' Saulius Kulvietis scored 17 points against Hapoel Jerusalem in Gameday 2, the most he has scored in a single BCL game; Kulvietis has scored an average of 8.3 points per game in his last four appearances in the league.
- Hapoel Jerusalem's James Feldeine scored 16 points against Lietkabelis in Gameday 2: he has scored 16+ points in five of his eight appearances in BCL this season.
Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR) v Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU)
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have won only one of their last five home BCL games (D1 L3) after winning the previous six. Neptunas Klaipeda have won only two of their last 10 games away from home in BCL.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have grabbed only 6.6 offensive rebounds per game, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season; the Turkish side has also scored only 5.9 points per game in second chance situations, the lowest scoring tally among all teams in the league in 2018/19.
- Neptunas Klaipeda bench unit have scored an average of 40 points per game, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan's Robin Benzing has scored an average of 16 points per game in his last two BCL appearances while making 58.8% of his shots from the field and 76.9% of his attempts from the FT line.
- Neptunas Klaipeda's Tomas Delininkaitis has scored more points (142) and 3PT shots (28) than any other player in BCL this season.
Petrol Olimpija (SLO) v Promitheas Patras (GRE)
- Petrol Olimpija have never beat a Greek team in a BCL game (L3) and have lost their previous game against Promitheas Patras in Gameday 2 (79-77).
- Petrol Olimpija have allowed their opponents to score 17.8 points per game after turnovers, the most among all teams in the BCL this season.
- Promitheas Patras have forced their opponents to turn the ball over 16.8 times per game in BCL this season.
- Petrol Olimpija's Issuf Sanon scored 14 points against SIG Strasbourg in his last BCL game, the most he has ever scored in a single game in the league; in the previous seven games of this season combined Sanon scored only 16 points.
- Promitheas Patras' Rion Brown has scored an average of 17.3 points per game while playing on the road and 14.8 points while playing at home in BCL this season.