Can Antwerp be the first Belgian team to beat AEK in the competition? Everything you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The third Basketball Champions League season is on! Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games.
Banvit (TUR) v UCAM Murcia (ESP)
- Banvit have only lost three of their 22 home games in BCL and have won their last four.
- UCAM Murcia have only lost one of their last seven BCL games but it was the last one against MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg. They have not lost two in a row since January-March 2018 (4 in a row).
- Banvit have attempted (318) and made (164) more 2-pointers than any other team in BCL this season.
- Banvit's Alex Perez is the only player this season to average per game 5+ rebounds (5.2) and 5+ assists (5.2).
- UCAM Murcia's Charlon Kloof has averaged 13.7 points per game in his three away games while averaging only 6.7 points per game in his three home games.
Telekom Baskets Bonn (GER) v Opava (CZE)
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have only won three of their last nine BCL games. They have lost their last two games in BCL but have not lost three in a row since their first three games in the competition, in October 2017.
- Opava have lost their last five games in BCL with an average margin of 19.8 and are yet to win a single away game in the competition.
- Telekom Baskets Bonn have conceded 54.3% of theirs FGs suffered from their opponents, more than any other team.
- Telekom Baskets Bonn's Charles Jackson has scored 66% of his FGs attempted this season, best % for a player.
- Opava's Vaclav Bujnoch is the only center to have scored more than 50% of his 3-pointers attempted this season (58.3% - 7/12).
Fribourg Olympic (SUI) v Umana Reyer Venezia (ITA)
- Fribourg Olympic have only won one of their six BCL games but this win came in one of their two home games.
- Umana Reyer Venezia have won five of their last seven BCL games and have won their last two away games. They have never won three games in a row away from home in BCL.
- Fribourg have scored less 3-pointers than any other team this season (21) but have conceded the most shots from behind the arc (74).
- Fribourg Olympic's Kevin Madiamba is the player with the most minutes played this season without scoring a single point (34m 56s, 0 point).
- Umana Reyer Venezia's Austin Daye has scored 90.9% of his free-throws attempted this season (20/22), best % among the forwards.
CEZ Nymburk (CZE) v Brose Bamberg (GER)
- CEZ Nymburk have won three of the four games they have played against German teams in BCL history, including the two games they have played at home: v Fraport Skyliners (87- 72) in 2016/17 and v Telekom Baskets Bonn (106-98) in 2017/18.
- CEZ Nymburk have attempted the most field goals per game among all teams in BCL this season (72.5), but have scored only 38.2% of their FG, the worst scoring ratio among all teams in the league in 2018/19.
- Brose Bamberg have scored 87.1% of their attempted FT, the most among all teams in BCL this season.
- CEZ Nymburk's Vojtech Hruban has scored 15+ points in five of his six appearances with CEZ Nymburk in BCL this season: Hruban has also made 20 shots from behind the arc, a joint-high in BCL this season, alongside James Feldeine.
- Brose Bamberg's Augustine Rubit has scored an average of 19 points per game in his last four appearances in BCL: he scored all of his 11 FT attempts against Hapoel Jerusalem in Gameday 6, the most free-throws any player has scored without a single miss in a BCL game this season.
Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR) v JDA Dijon (FRA)
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won both their home games by an average margin of 19 points in BCL in 2018/19. JDA Dijon have not won any of their two away games in BCL this season and have lost their last five consecutive games in the competition.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have grabbed the most offensive rebounds per game (16.2) in BCL in 2018/19.
- JDA Dijon have allowed their opponents to grab the most offensive rebounds per game (13.5) in BCL this season.
- Hapoel Jerusalem's James Feldeine has made an average of 20.2 points and 5.0 assists per game in his last five appearances in BCL.
- JDA Dijon's Gavin Ware has made 63.6% of his 55 attempted field goals in his last five appearances in BCL this season.
Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL) v AEK (GRE)
- Telenet Giants Antwerp will be the second team from Belgium facing AEK in BCL history: Proximus Spirou were beat twice in 2016/17 by a margin of 20+ points in each game.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have scored the most 3-pointers per game among all teams in BCL this season (11.8); only Telenet Giants Antwerp, Iberostar Tenerife and PAOK have scored 11+ shots from behind the arc per game in BCL in 2018-19
- AEK have won their last five consecutive games in BCL, the Queen’s longest winning streak in the BCL Regular Season history.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Ismael Bako has averaged 14.3 points and 10 rebounds per game in his last three appearances with Giants Antwerp in BCL this season.
- AEK's Vince Hunter has scored an average of 25.7 points per game in his last three BCL appearances, after making an average of 10 points per game in his first three games in the season.
SIG Strasbourg (FRA) v Filou Oostende (BEL)
- This will be third encounter between SIG Strasbourg and Filou Oostende in BCL history, with the French side winning both previous games.
- SIG Strasbourg have lost only two of their 19 home games in BCL history (W16 D1 L2) with both defeats being by five or fewer points.
- Filou Oostende have allowed their opponents to tally 27.3 rebounds per game, the fewest among all teams in BCL in 2018/19.
- SIG Strasbourg's Mike Green and Sidigas Avellino's Norris Cole are the only players to have made 12+ points, 5+ rebounds and 7+ assists in two different BCL games this season.
- Filou Oostende's Nemanja Djurisic has scored 19+ points in three different BCL games this season – only CEZ Nymburk's Vojtech Hruban has scored 19+ points in more BCL games than Djurisic this season.
medi Bayreuth (GER) v Neptunas Klaipeda (LTU)
- medi Bayreuth will be the third German team facing Neptunas Klaipeda in BCL history, with the Lithuanians winning only two of the six games they have played against German opposition in the league.
- medi Bayreuth have allowed their opponents to make only 13.3 assists per game, the fewest among all teams in BCL this season.
- Neptunas Klaipeda have forced their opponents to make 26 personal fouls per game, the most among all teams in BCL this season: Neptunas have also scored (22 per game) and attempted (28.8 per game) the most free-throws in the league in 2018/19.
- medi Bayreuth's Gregor Hrovat has scored 10+ points coming from the bench in three different BCL games this season, the most among all medi Bayreuth’s bench players.
- Neptunas Klaipeda's Tomas Delininkaitis has averaged 21.5 points per game in his last four BCL appearances: he is the only player to have scored 20+ points in three different BCL games this season while starting on the bench.