14 facts you might have missed this week
MIES (Switzerland) - The first leg of the Basketball Champions League Quarter-Finals is just behind us. The perfect time to have a look a some key facts to take away after this week's games.
- AEK have scored less than 68 points in their last two BCL games. It happened only two times for them in their first 53 games in the league.
- AEK scored 100% of their eight attempted free-throws against Brose Bamberg: only two teams have finished a BCL Play-Offs game with more free-throws scored without a single miss in the history of the competition.
- Brose Bamberg grabbed 43 rebounds against AEK, their best tally in a BCL game – it was also the first time that Brose Bamberg grabbed more than 40 rebounds in a single BCL game this season.
- Only three teams have scored more free-throws than Nanterre 92 against Segafredo Virtus Bologna (28) in a BCL Play-Offs game in the history of the competition.
- Iberostar Tenerife is only the second team to have forced Hapoel Jerusalem to score 75 or fewer points in BCL this season – they have scored 70 points vs AEK on Gameday 8.
- Nizhny Novgorod made 13 shots from behind the arc against Telenet Giants Antwerp: only two teams have scored more 3-pointers in a BCL Play-Offs game than Nizhny Novgorod in the history of the competition.
- Only two teams have scored 80+ points in a BCL points this season while making less assists than Telenet Giants Antwerp against Nizhny Novgorod (8 assists).
- Iberostar Tenerife's Colton Iverson has registered his second double-double of the season in BCL, and his best tally of rebounds grabbed (12).
- It's only the fifth time in 28 BCL games played that Hapoel Jerusalem's TaShawn Thomas doesn't reach double-digit in scoring, and his first time in a game with 25+ minutes played (31m52s).
- AEK's Dusan Sakota has now reached double-digit in scoring in 23 of his 24 away games in the BCL. Sakota has now scored more points in BCL Playoffs than any other player in the history of the competition (158).
- AEK's Jordan Theodore has started a BCL game on the bench for the first time in 26 appearances. Only two players have scored more points in the BCL Play-Offs than Theodore (134).
- Brose Bamberg's Cliff Alexander scored 19 points against AEK, his best tally in a BCL game.
- Nanterre's Julian Gamble has combined for his third double-double in BCL, all against Italian teams (Sidigas Avellino on Gameday 7 in 2017/18, Umana Reyer Venezia on Gameday 9 in 2018/19 and this week against Segafredo Virtus Bologna).
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Paris Lee scored 24 points against Nizhny Novgorod, his second-best tally in a BCL game, after the 27 points he scored on Gameday 9 against Montakit Fuenlabrada.