Facts of Week 8
MIES, Switzerland (Basketball Champions League) - Let's have a look at some key facts for this week's Game of the Week in each group.
Group A: UNET Holon (ISR) vs UCAM Murcia (ESP)
- Holon have won 2 of their 3 home games in the Regular Season. The only defeat happened at the hands of AS Monaco (56-85).
- UCAM Murcia have won only one of their last five games in the Regular Season. That single victory took place in GD7, during their visit to Juventus Utena (83-93).
- In their GD1 matchup (Murcia won 78-76), Murcia have dominated the boards, grabbing 55 rebounds, while Holon have only got 30. UCAM Murcia ranks 3rd in the league in rebounds, with an average of 39.1 per game.
- Corey Walden (Holon) was the MVP of Week 7. He scored 31 points (9/13 from the field and 11/13 from the FT line), dished 3 assists and had no turnovers in 37 minutes and 33 seconds of action.
- Brad Oleson (UCAM Murcia) has scored an average of 15.3 points, including 3 triples per game. The sharpshooter is scoring 57.1% from the field, 50% from behind the 3-point line and 100% from the free-throw line.
Group B: PAOK (GRE) vs MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg (GER)
- PAOK have won only one of their three home games in the Regular Season. The only victory happened in GD7 when they hosted and beat Ventspils, 83-76.
- MHP Riesen have won six of their seven games in 2017-18. The only defeat happened away from home, when they have visited Iberostar Tenerife (82-72).
- In their GD1 encounter, MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg won 103-70, with five players scoring, at least, 12 points in the contest.
- MHP Riesen have scored 80.3% of their free-throw attempts. In BCL this season, only EWE Baskets Oldenburg scores at a better ratio than MHP Riesen (84.5%).
- PAOK have scored 43 3-point field goals, the lowest in BCL this season.
Group C: Banvit (TUR) vs Umana Reyer Venezia (ITA)
- The only previous meeting between these teams in BCL was during the first gameday this year, with a difficult win of Umana Reyer Venezia after three overtime periods (108-101) on their own ground.
- Banvit have won their three home games and Umana Reyer Venezia have won two of their three away games in BCL this season.
- No team has grabbed more defensive rebounds (29.0) and made more assists (20.9) per game than Umana Reyer Venezia in BCL this season.
- Only two teams have averaged fewer blocks per game than Banvit (1.6) in BCL this season.
- Banvit’s Gasper Vidmar has averaged 3.1 offensive rebounds per game in BCL this season, more than any other player.
Group D: Nanterre 92 (FRA) vs CEZ Nymburk (CZE)
- The only previous meeting between these teams in BCL was during the first gameday this year, with a defeat of CEZ Nymburk on their own ground (72-81).
- Nanterre have won their three home games and CEZ Nymburk have won two of their three away games in BCL this season.
- Nanterre have made the most 3-pointers in BCL this season (85) but only Capo d’Orlando (101) have made fewer 2-point shots than the French side (113).
- CEZ Nymburk have made on average more rebounds per game than any team in BCL this season (40.1).
- Nanterre’s Jamal Shuler (11 v Telekom Baskets Bonn) and CEZ Nymburk’s Eugene Lawrence (10 v Telekom Baskets Bonn) are two of the three players to have made 10+ assists in a BCL game this season.