AS Monaco v Banvit: which team benefit from home-court advantage?
MIES, Switzerland (Basketball Champions League) - One week away from the start of the Quarter-Finals, let's have a look at some home-court advantage facts of the qualified teams. We'll start with AS Monaco (FRA) and their Quarter-Finals opponent, Banvit (TUR):
- AS Monaco are the only team to have won all their home games (17) in the Basketball Champions League history. They have won their home games by an average of 16.7 points.
- AS Monaco have won four of their eight home games by 30+ points, and only one of their home games have ended with a single digit point differential (83-75 vs UCAM Murcia).
- AS Monaco have forced their opponents to lose possession of the ball 151 times when playing on their home court, the most among all teams.
- AS Monaco have allowed their opponents to score just 36.1% of their FG attempts while playing at home, the best among all teams in BCL this season. Among all teams in the Quarter-Finals, only Monaco have forced their opponents to score below 40% of their shots from the field. When the French team play away from home they have seen their opponents scoring 44.4% of their attempted field goals.
- This season AS Monaco have never conceded more than 75 points in a single BCL home game. In four of their eight home games, they have not allowed their opponents to score 65 points.
- Banvit have made 50.3% of their FG attempts at home and 44.4% of their attempted field goals in their away games – the largest variation in terms of shooting accuracy among all the teams in the Quarter-Finals.
- Teams have shot 82.8% from the free throw line at Banvit’s home court. The best rate of any court in the BCL.
- Banvit have won 15 of their 17 home games in BCL history and have never lost two home games in the same season.
- Banvit have won seven of their 17 home games by a double-digit margin.
- This season Banvit have conceded less than 65 points in three of their seven home games.