12 things you need to know about the Final
ATHENS (Basketball Champions League) - The second season of the Basketball Champions League just ended with the victory of AEK against AS Monaco, 100-94. Let's have a look at 12 takeaway points after the Final on Sunday.
- AEK became the second team in the Basketball Champions League to win the Final Four at home.
- AS Monaco have won their second medal in BCL after finishing in the third place in 2016-17.
- AEK have scored 100+ points in a single BCL game for the second time in the 38 games they have played in BCL history. That’s the first time in a BCL Final Four game than any team reaches the 100 points mark.
- AS Monaco have conceded 100 points for the first time in a BCL game. Actually, in the 40 games they have played in both BCL seasons, AS Monaco have never allowed their opponents to score more than 87 points in a single game.
- AS Monaco never managed to lead in the game, the first time for them in the 40 BCL games they have played.
- AEK has made nine of their 17 attempts from behind the arc (52.9%). That’s the first time this season that the Greeks have made more than 50% of their 3P attempts.
- AEK has blocked six shots during the Final, the most any team has tallied this season while playing against AS Monaco.
- AS Monaco have grabbed 38 rebounds, while AEK have tallied 34. That’s the first time this season that Monaco have out-rebounded their opponents and ended up losing the game.
- Mike Gree