Everything you need to know ahead of Tuesday's Gameday 4 fixtures
MIES (Switzerland) - Tuesday sees all eight Group C teams take to the court and features a huge clash between the only two teams that are still undefeated in that group, ERA Nymburk and Iberostar Tenerife.
There is much more though in an action-packed nine-game schedule, so let’s have a closer look at some very interesting facts and figures on each of the Tuesday games:
VEF Riga (1-2) v Gaziantep (0-3) – Group C, 18:00 CET
Riga's Lester Medford is one of only two players with at least 14 points and 5 assists in each of the first three games
- Riga have signed guard Xavier Thames, who played for Hungary's Egis Kormend last season.
- Riga have conceded exactly 91 points in their last two games, a loss to Peristeri winmasters and a loss to ERA Nymburk, after conceding only 74 points in their first game, a win over Mornar Bar.
- Gaziantep have only won one of their last seven away games but it was in Latvia, against Ventspils in January 2018 (103-91). It was also the only BCL game where they have scored more than 100 points.
- Gaziantep have scored fewer than 73 points in each of their last five games in the BCL. Gaziantep's starting five have scored 77.2 percent of the Turkish team's points, the second-highest so far this season, behind Polski Torun.
- Gaziantep have never won a BCL game in which they have scored fewer than 75 points but have won all four games in which they have scored more than 75 points in the history of the competition.
- Only VEF Riga’s Lester Medford and Torun’s Chris Wright have posted at least 14 points and 5 assists in each of their three appearances.
- Drew Crawford is the only Gaziantep player to have scored at least 15 points in multiple games, and his season-high so far is the 20 points he had against ERA Nymburk.
Peristeri winmasters (2-1) v Nizhny Novgorod (2-1) – Group C, 18:00 CET
Peristeri's William Hatcher is only 16 points away from reaching the 500-point mark in the BCL
- Peristeri have signed 2019 BCL champion Yanick Moreira. The Angolan big man started last season with PAOK before joining Virtus Bologna and helping them lift the trophy. He averaged 9.3 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- Nizhny Novgorod have won their last two games, but they have never won three consecutive games in the BCL Regular Season.
- Peristeri have conceded an average of only 5.0 points per game in fast break situations, the fewest among all teams. The Athens team have also seen their bench players scoring an average of 39 points per game, the second best so far in this BCL season, behind San Pablo Burgos.
- Nizhny Novgorod have the best BCL defense so far this season as they have conceded only 69.3 points per game. In fact only Nizhny Novgorod and Iberostar Tenerife have conceded fewer than 70 points per game.
- William Hatcher of Peristeri has scored at least 20 points in three of his last five home games in the BCL. He is 16 points shy of reaching the 500-point mark in the competition. Currently 12 players have reached that milestone.
Falco Szombathely (1-2) v Telekom Baskets Bonn (2-1) – Group D, 18:00 CET
Zoltan Perl is the only Falco player to have scored at least 15 points in more than one game
- Falco won their previous home game in the BCL, 76-66 against PAOK, the only game in which they have scored at least 70 points in the competition.
- Bonn have won four of their last six BCL games, after winning only two of their previous seven. The German team has lost their last two away games in the competition, but both with a margin of two points or less.
- Falco's starting five have scored 76.5 percent of the Hungarian team's points in the first three games, which is the third highest percentage in the league this season.
- Bonn lead the league in opponents' turnovers, having forced their rivals to commit an average of 18.3 turnovers per game.
- Zoltan Perl is the only Falco player to have scored at least 15 points in more than one game, as he had 23 points against PAOK and 15 against Casademont Zaragoza.
Polski Cukier Torun (1-2) v Dinamo Sassari (2-1) – Group A, 18:30 CET
Torun's Keith Hornsby currently averages four made triples per game
- Sassari will play their second game in Poland in BCL history. They lost their previous game in that country 81-78 to Zielona Gora, in the 2016-17 season.
- Torun scored at least 97 points in each of their last two games and have the second-best offense in the league behind UNET Holon, who average 95.7 points per game.
- Sassari scored 56 points in their previous away game but average 84.5 points in their two home games. The Italian team has scored fewer than 60 points in four of their 37 games in BCL history, with all those games on the road.
- The starting five of Torun has scored 76.5 percent of the Hungarian team's points in the first three games, the highest percentage in the league so far this season.
- Torun’s Keith Hornsby scored at least 18+ points in each of his three appearances while hitting 54.5 percent of his 3-point shots.
- Sassari’s Dyshawn Pierre is the only player averaging at least 10 points, 10 rebounds and 2 made triples per game.
Filou Oostende (1-2) v Lietkabelis (0-3) – Group A, 20:00 CET
Oostende's Shevon Thompson leads the league in points scored in the paint
- Oostende have lost four of their last five games in the BCL after winning their previous six games in the competition. However, the Belgian side won their last home game in the competition, 101-86 against UNET Holon on Gameday 2.
- Oostende have won nine of the 11 games in which they scored at least 80 points, including the game against UNET Holon.
- Lietkabelis have only won one of their nine away games in the BCL, an 85-78 win over Montakit Fuenlabrada in February 2019. One of the eight defeats was in Belgium against Telenet Giants Antwerp, 70-64 back in December 2018.
- Oostende’s Shevon Thompson has scored 46 points in the paint, more than any other player so far this season.
- Tomas Dimsa of Lietkabelis averaged 7.5 points in his two games as a starter, while he scored 17 points in the only game he came off the bench.
Brose Bamberg (1-2) v Mornar Bar (0-3) – Group C, 20:00 CET
Bamberg got more points from the bench players than from their starting five in the first three games
- Bamberg have parted ways with Aleix Font, who had joined the German side in the summer on loan from FC Barcelona.
- Bamberg have lost only one of their last six home games in the BCL, but it was the most recent lone, against Nizhny Novgorod on Gameday 2. The German team have never lost consecutive home games in the BCL.
- Mornar Bar have won only one of the nine games they have played away from home in the BCL. They have never scored 75 or more points while playing away from Montenegro in the history of the competition.
- Bamberg lead the league in offensive rebounds, with 16.7 per game, however they are fourth in second chance points, with 15 per game. UNET Holon have 17, ERA Nymburk 16.3 and San Pablo Burgos each average 16.3, and Peristeri have 15.3 second chance points per game.
- Bamberg’s bench unit has scored 53.2 percent of their team's points so far in this BCL season.
- Mornar Bar’s Jacob Pullen has scored at least 15 points in each of his three games while making at least 2 shots from behind the arc in each of those appearances.
ERA Nymburk (3-0) v Iberostar Tenerife (3-0) – Group C, 20:00 CET
Giorgi Shermadini is the only Tenerife player to have scored in double digits in each of the first three games
- Nymburk have won their last three home games in the BCL, after losing five of the previous seven, last season.
- Tenerife have won their last 14 road games in the Regular Season, which is the longest winning streak away from home in this phase. Their last away defeat in the Regular Season was against Ventspils, in October 2017.
- Nymburk lead the league in opponents' shooting percentage, as they have held their opponents to just 36.6 percent from the floor. The Czech champions also concede the fewest points in the paint, 24.7 per game.
- Nymburk’s Zach Hankins is the only player to have posted at least 10 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks in multiple games this season.
- Giorgi Shermadini is the only Tenerife player to have scored at least 10 points in each of the first three games. He is averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds per game.
San Pablo Burgos (2-1) v Elan Bearnais Pau-Lacq-Orthez (0-3) – Group B, 20:30 CET
Bruno Fitipaldo of Burgos is a perfect 7 of 7 from downtown after the first three games
- Pau-Lacq-Orthez have parted ways with Matt Mobley and have signed veteran point guard Justin Dentmon, who last played in Lebanon. Dentmon however might not make it in time to debut with the French team in the Tuesday game.
- Burgos, which are playing in a European competition for the first time in their history, have won both their home games scoring an average of 100 points.
- Pau-Lacq-Orthez are the first French team to lose their first three games of a BCL season, and have conceded an average of 95.7 points per game.
- Burgos bench players average 45 points per game so far this season, more than any other team's second unit.
- Pau-Lacq-Orthez average 7.3 offensive rebounds per game, the fewest among all teams. The French side has also scored the fewest second chance points, just 5 per game.
- Only Bruno Fitipaldo of Burgos and Christ Wright of Torun have posted at least 10 points and 7 assists in each game this season. Fitipaldo is yet to miss a three-pointer in the BCL as he has converted all his seven attempts from behind the arc.
JDA Dijon (3-0) v PAOK (0-3) – Group D, 20:30 CET
PAOK have parted ways with coach Kostas Flevarakis
- PAOK have parted ways with coach Kostas Flevarakis and his former assistant Kostas Charalambidis will sit on the bench as acting head coach.
- Dijon have won all three games so far this season and are looking to draw even with Monaco as the only French team to win their first four games of a BCL season. Monaco achieved it twice, both in 2016-17 and in 2017-18.
- PAOK are looking to snap their longest losing streak in the competition, but they have lost their previous three games in France.
- Dijon average a league-high 25.7 assists per game. They are one of three teams, alongside San Pablo Burgos and Polski Cukier Torun, to have dished out at least 20 assists in each of their first three games this season.
- Antwaine Wiggins of PAOK scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds against Neptunas Klaipeda, coming off the bench. He averaged 7 points and 1.5 rebounds in his first two games, when he was in the starting five.