Coast To Coast Podcast Episode 28: Interview with BCL CEO Patrick Comninos
MIES (Switzerland) - On this week’s episode, Basketball Champions League CEO Patrick Comninos joins the show. He talks about the BCL's decision to crown a 2019-20 champion by holding a Final Eight tournament in September. He covers the factors that led to the decision, when the BCL hopes to name a host, his thoughts on the 2019-20 season and much more.
After that, hosts Austin Green (@LosCrossovers) and David Hein (@heinnews) talk about some of the highlights from the 2019-20 BCL season. This will be the final episode until we get closer to the Final Eight (Sept. 30 - Oct. 4).
Listen to the podcast here:
2:50 - BCL CEO Patrick Comninos
- 4:55 - The decision process behind the Final Eight
- 12:10 - Update on the host selection process
- 20:45 - Thoughts on the 2019-20 season and remaining teams
- 31:25 - How the BCL will choose teams for the 2020-21 season
- 36:45 - The BCL’s new partnership with GCBH
57:20 - Austin and Dave’s most memorable teams from the 2019-20 season
1:02:30 - Players who defined the 2019-20 season
1:08:00 - Surprise of the Season
1:10:40 - Stat of the Season
1:12:50 - Game of the Season
1:16:20 - Way too early favorites for the Final Eight