Who will qualify for the Quarter-Finals? What you need to know before Tuesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The Play-Offs are on! After an exciting Regular Season, 16 teams now face each other home and away, with the hope to qualify for the Quarter-Finals. Let's have a look at some key facts before Tuesday's games, for the Round of 16 return leg.
Besiktas Sompo Japan (TUR) v Nanterre 92 (FRA), 1st leg: 59-68
- Seven of the 11 teams to have lost a first leg away from home by less than 10 points have managed to qualify for the next round in the BCL Play-Offs history.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan are yet to win in the BCL Round of 16: one draw, four losses.
- Besiktas Sompo Japan have won only two of their five games against a French opposition in BCL and none of these wins have seen a margin greater than five points.
- Nanterre 92 have won five of their last six BCL games and have won their last two away games, first time they have managed to win consecutive games away from home in the competition.
- Nanterre 92 have made on average 11.3 3-pointers per game this season in BCL, more than any other team. They made 11 3-pointers against Besiktas Sompo Japan last week, no other team did better in the first leg.
- Ivan Buva has scored 14.7 points per game this season in BCL, more than any other Besiktas player. He grabbed 14 rebounds in the first leg, only one player has managed to grab more rebounds in a BCL Play-Offs game.
- Haukur Palsson (52.5%) and Hugo Invernizzi (50.8%) are two of the 10 players to have scored more than 50% of their 3-pointers attempted in the BCL this season (min 20 attempts).
Umana Reyer Venezia (ITA) v Nizhny Novgorod (RUS), 1st leg: 72-95
- No team has qualified for the next stage after having lost the 1st leg of a tie by more than 10 points in BCL Play-Offs history (8 previous instances).
- Umana Reyer Venezia have lost their last three Play-Offs games in BCL. However, they have won their three home games in the BCL Play-Offs history.
- Umana Reyer Venezia have lost three of their last five home games after having lost only one of their first 19. They have never won a home game in BCL by more than 21 points.
- Nizhny Novgorod have won their last three games in BCL, their best run in the competition.
- Nizhny Novgorod have conceded less 3-pointers (82) than any other team in BCL this season.
- Gasper Vidmar has started three of his last six BCL games on the bench after being a starter in 46 of his first 47 games. He has scored on average 6.2 points per game this season after having scored 12.1 points per game in the BCL 2017/18.
- Only two players have scored more points in BCL in 2019 than Nizhny Novgorod's Kendrick Perry (108). However, he only has scored a tally of 12 points in his last two away games combined.