Everything you need to know before Wednesday's games
MIES (Switzerland) - The Quarter-Finals are on! After thrilling first legs, time to have a look at some facts regarding the last 8 clubs, competing this week for the Final Four qualification.
Telenet Giants Antwerp (BEL) v Nizhny Novgorod (RUS)
- No team has qualified for the next stage after having lost the 1st leg of a tie by 15 points or more in BCL Play-Offs history (6 previous instances).
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have only lost two of their eight home games in BCL, winning the last five. None of these two home defeats have seen a double-digit margin.
- Nizhny Novgorod have lost three of their last four away games in BCL. However, their last two wins on the road have seen a margin greater than 20 points.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp have scored 48.5% of their FGs attempted in these Play-Offs, best % among the teams that have taken part in these Play-Offs.
- Nizhny Novgorod (10.0) are the only team to average 10+ 3-pointers made in these BCL Play-Offs.
- Telenet's Paris Lee has averaged 19.7 points in his three playoffs games in BCL. He averaged only 12.6 points per game during the Regular season.
- Nizhny Novgorod's Vladimir Dragicevic has scored on average 16 points per game away from home this season in BCL, while only averaging 8.1 points in his home games.
Iberostar Tenerife (ESP) v Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem (ISR)
- Iberostar Tenerife have already lost more BCL games in 2019 (3) than in the entire 2018 calendar year (2). However, they have won their last two home games, with an average margin of +40.5.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have won their last nine games in BCL, longest winning run for a team this season.
- Hapoel Jerusalem have failed to score 80+ points in only three games in BCL this season, all against former BCL Champions (AEK x2 and Iberostar Tenerife).
- Iberostar Tenerife have allowed their opponents to grab 29.3 rebounds in these Play-Offs, less than any other team.
- Hapoel Jerusalem (20.0) are the only team to average 20+ assists per game during these BCL Play-Offs.
- Iberostar Tenerife's Sebastian Saiz has reached double-digit in scoring in his last six home games in BCL. He has added 10+ rebounds in two of these six games.
- Hapoel Jerusalem's J’Covan Brown has made 60 assists coming from the bench this season in BCL, more than any other player.
AEK (GRE) v Brose Bamberg (GER)
- Brose Bamberg could become the first team to win three games against AEK in BCL. They lost their previous away game against AEK by seven points, back in October 2018 (86-93).
- AEK have lost their last two BCL games but have never lost three in a row in the competition. They have scored less than 68 points in their last two BCL games, as many times as in their first 53 games.
- Brose Bamberg have won their last four BCL games, their joint-best run in the competition. However, they have lost two of their last three away games, with a margin of at least 14 points in these two defeats.
- AEK have made more steals per game (9.7) than any other team during the Play-Offs of this BCL season.
- Brose Bamberg are the only team in these Play-Offs to have scored more than 80% of their free-throws (82.6%). They were already the only team with more than 80% from the line during the Regular Season (82.9%).
- AEK's Vince Hunter has scored on average 10.3 points per game in BCL Play-Offs history while scoring on average 17.1 points per game in the BCL Regular Season. However, he has scored on average 20.3 points in his last six home games in the competition.
- Brose Bamberg's Nikos Zisis has failed to score five points in his three Play-Offs games this season in BCL. He always managed to score more than five points in his 11 games in the Regular Season.
Segafredo Virtus Bologna (ITA) v Nanterre 92 (FRA)
- 16 of the 21 teams that previously won a first leg of a BCL Play-Offs tie by more than 5 points have managed to qualify for the next round (76.2%).
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have won seven of their eight home games in BCL, but only two with a margin of more than eight points.
- Nanterre 92 have won their last four games in BCL, their best run. They have also won their last three away games.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have scored more 2-pointers (24.3) than any other team during these BCL Play-Offs.
- Nanterre 92 have conceded only 64.7 points per game in these Play-Offs, less than any other team.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna's Kevin Punter has scored on average 11.5 points in his last four home games after having averaged 19.3 points in his previous four home games.
- No player has played more games with 10+ rebounds without never registering a double-double than Nanterre's Demetrius Treadwell (3) in BCL history.