Eight teams from eight different countries and 13 other facts you might have missed this week
MIES (Switzerland) - The Basketball Champions League Round of 16 is just behind us. The perfect time to have a look a some key facts to take away after this week's games.
- The eight teams qualified for the BCL Quarter-Finals this season are from eight different countries: Belgium, France, Israel, Italy, Germany, Greece, Russia and Spain.
- Iberostar Tenerife are the first team in BCL Play-Offs history to qualify for the next round after having lost a first leg by more than 10 points.
- Nanterre 92 have grabbed 35 defensive rebounds against Besiktas Sompo Japan, the most any team have tallied in a single Play-Offs game in BCL history.
- Brose Bamberg have made 94% of their 31 free-throws attempted tonight (29/31), best % for a team with 30+ attempts from the FT line in a BCL game this season.
- Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem have only conceded 64 points against Neptunas Klaipeda, the joint-lowest tally they have allowed in a BCL game. Hapoel Jerusalem have won their last eight games in BCL, best current run in the competition.
- PAOK have scored only 22% of their 3-pointers in last night's game against AEK, their lowest % in a BCL game this season.
- Le Mans only scored 58 points in last night's game against Segafredo Virtus Bologna, their lowest tally in an away game in BCL. This was also the first time that the Vu Nere have conceded fewer than 60 points in a BCL game.
- Umana Reyer Venezia's Stefano Tonut is the first bench player to have made 20+ points in the BCL Play-Offs this season; only Kendrick Ray (30) have scored more points in a BCL Play-Offs game than Tonut while starting the game on the bench.
- UCAM Murcia's Emanuel Cate made seven blocks against Telenet Giants Antwerp, highest tally for a player in a BCL Play-Offs game and highest tally for a player in a BCL game this season.
- Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem's Tamir Blatt is the second player to make 10+ assists in multiple BCL Play-Offs games (after his 10 assists in the first leg), after Christopher Scott Kramer in 2017 with Oldenburg and D.J. Cooper with Monaco last season.
- Banvit's Jordan Morgan grabbed 14 rebounds against Brose Bamberg, his joint-best tally in a BCL game. Only one player has grabbed more rebounds than him in a BCL Play-Offs game.
- Brose Bamberg's Tyrese Rice scored 32 points tonight, his second-best tally in a BCL game. He is only the fifth player scoring more than 30 points in a BCL Play-Offs game.
- Promitheas Patras' Rion Brown has scored 20+ points in 10 different BCL games; only Kevin Punter have made 20 or more points in more games (13) than Rion Brown in BCL history.
- Telenet Giants Antwerp's Ismael Bako has scored 12+ points in his last eight consecutive games in BCL, his best run in the competition.