16 things you need to know about the Final
ANTWERP (Belgium) - The third season of the Basketball Champions League just ended with the victory of Segafredo Virtus Bologna against Iberostar Tenerife, 73-61. Let's have a look at 16 takeaway points after the Final on Sunday.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna are the first Italian team to win the BCL title. A Spanish team (Iberostar Tenerife in 2017) and a Greek team (AEK in 2018) previously won it.
- Iberostar Tenerife got their second medal in the BCL, after the gold in 2017. Only Monaco (3rd in 2017, 2nd in 2018) have as many BCL medals than the Spanish team.
- This is the first time that a BCL Final ends with a double-digit margin (12pts difference).
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have conceded 61 points or less in four of their last five BCL games. It happened only twice in their first 15 games.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have conceded a tally of only 111 points in their semi-final and final game, the lowest for a team in a BCL Final Four.
- Segafredo Virtus Bologna have won three consecutive BCL game with a double-digit margin for the first time this season.
- Iberostar Tenerife have lost by 12 points today, their joint-biggest margin of defeat in a BCL game.
- Iberostar Tenerife have scored only 24 points in the first HT of this game, their lowest tally in a BCL game.
- Iberostar Tenerife have never led today against Bologna, their first time in a BCL game.
- Iberostar Tenerife have scored only 28% of their FGs attempted today, first time they made less than 30% of their FGs in a BCL game.
- Iberostar Tenerife have grabbed 24 offensive rebounds today, the joint-most for a team in a BCL game this season and their own best tally in a BCL game. However, they have made 20 turnovers today, the most for them in a BCL game this season.
- Kevin Punter is the first player in the BCL history to win the title twice, to win it with different teams, and to win it in consecutive seasons.
- Kevin Punter is now the best point scorer in the BCL history (706), in the BCL Play-Offs history (181), in the Final Four history (79) and in the BCL Final history (42).
- Tim Abromaitis played his 55 game in the BCL, joint-best tally alongside Giannoulis Larentzakis. He is now the best rebounder in the Final Four history (27).
- Kevin Punter and Tim Abromaitis have both made all their nine attempts from the free-throw line today, only one player in BCL this season attempted more FTs with 100% success in a game (Augustine Rubit, 11/11 on Gameday 6).
- Kevin Punter made all his five 3-pointers attempted today, best tally for a player with 100% success from behind the arc in a BCL Play-Offs game.